What's new

Laser Discs and CEDs (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Good luck. CEDs are extremely heavy and shipping for just one would be costly, even using media mail. Both CEDs and laser discs are pretty passe now unless you own some truly rare ones -- such as Criterion titles that contain commentaries not carried over to DVD (the original releases of DR. NO, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and GOLDFINGER, for example). Some lasers contain superior soundtracks. Go to eBay and Amazon and check on any titles you think might have some value and you'll get an idea how to price yours. Probably best selling them by the lot through a local outlet or on Craig's list with the the stipulation that the buyer will agree to pay exact shipping costs or drive out and pick them up from you.

Last edited:

Tina Wright

Auditioning
Real Name
Tina
Good luck. CEDs are extremely heavy and shipping for just one would be costly, even using media mail. Both CEDs and laser discs are pretty passe now unless you own some truly rare ones -- such as Criterion titles that contain commentaries not carried over to DVD (the original releases of DR. NO, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and GOLDFINGER, for example). Some lasers contain superior soundtracks. Go to eBay and Amazon and check on any titles you think might have some value and you'll get an idea how to price yours. Probably best selling them by the lot through a local outlet or on Craig's list with the the stipulation that the buyer will agree to pay exact shipping costs or drive out and pick them up from you.
Wow, thank you very much for your response. I will check on the titles I have. Some are still in plastic wrap, never opened. What about laser discs? I have some unopened in plastic wrap too.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Thank you. I registered with that website but it sure is complicated. I don't see where I can sell my items. Do you know anything about it?
Well, I never used this as the marketplace as it is.
I used it only as a database.
There is a Help section, maybe that is of help (sic!) for you. Otherwise the admin will help you better than I can.

Qapla'. :)

Tina Wright

Auditioning
Real Name
Tina
Well, I never used this as the marketplace as it is.
I used it only as a database.
There is a Help section, maybe that is of help (sic!) for you. Otherwise the admin will help you better than I can.

Qapla'. :)
Thanks!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thank you. I registered with that website but it sure is complicated. I don't see where I can sell my items. Do you know anything about it?
Tina, head back to the LaserDisc Database, click on "Forums," then to the "LaserDisc" section, then look for a big gold dollar sign, which when clicked brings you to a selling and trading sub-forum. I'd forgotten I used to browse this site all the time when I was still collecting those things, and it was fun to re-register and revisit it. As for your CED's, scroll down one more box and you will see the official 'CED" logo. Click there and you'll find all kinds of threads about those as well, including ideas for selling yours off.

Hope that helps.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
You can also sell them on eBay - this link shows what people have paid for specific titles recently.

Tina Wright

Auditioning
Real Name
Tina
Tina, head back to the LaserDisc Database, click on "Forums," then to the "LaserDisc" section, then look for a big gold dollar sign, which when clicked brings you to a selling and trading sub-forum. I'd forgotten I used to browse this site all the time when I was still collecting those things, and it was fun to re-register and revisit it. As for your CED's, scroll down one more box and you will see the official 'CED" logo. Click there and you'll find all kinds of threads about those as well, including ideas for selling yours off.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! I will check that out.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
They sure want a lot of personal information that's none of their business in order to register for the forum. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks