Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
todd-erwin has published a new article.

Sssssss Blu-ray Review

Sssssss_cover-150x150.jpg

Strother Martin shines as mad scientist Dr. Carl Stoner, wanting to save the human race by helping them "evolve" into cobras in Sssssss, the...
Continue reading the original article.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
We had this @ the Grand theatre in Baltimore, City back then. I can't recall the 2nd feature,or if we even ran one. We never ran double features. The Irivington were I saw many films as a kid, would cover up the double feature posters and show one film on Sun.,Mon.,and tues.,then uncover the 2nd movie and show it on Weds.,Thursday,and Friday. I guess they didn't need to run double features. Highest ticket prices were 1.50 and child .50. I remember standing many times watching the films when the SRO sign was up.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, if you have a very, very large physical media collection, would this BD be worth a double dip from the stand alone SD issued from MGM years past?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Well, if you have a very, very large physical media collection, would this BD be worth a double dip from the stand alone SD issued from MGM years past?
Not having owned the barebones Universal DVD, I would say that the interviews are worth the double-dip alone.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sssssss played on a double bill with The Boy Who Cried Werewolf, which I believe has never received a home video release.

We had this @ the Grand theatre in Baltimore, City back then. I can't recall the 2nd feature,or if we even ran one. We never ran double features. The Irivington were I saw many films as a kid, would cover up the double feature posters and show one film on Sun.,Mon.,and tues.,then uncover the 2nd movie and show it on Weds.,Thursday,and Friday. I guess they didn't need to run double features. Highest ticket prices were 1.50 and child .50. I remember standing many times watching the films when the SRO sign was up.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Not having owned the barebones Universal DVD, I would say that the interviews are worth the double-dip alone.

To me, "NO" interview is worth a double dip. It's only about the movie. Maybe that's one of the reasons (which I don't care for) that some of these take so long to put out, trying to get commentaries made and interviews set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks