What's new

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon & Love Me or Leave Me Blu-rays via WAC (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
f794461.png

c10c532.png

http://www.warnerbros.com/blogs/2016/04/27/2016-tcm-classic-film-festival

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Oh how wonderful!!! I kind of had an inkling that "Love Me or Leave Me" was on the cards after it was announced for the upcoming TCM Festival. It will no doubt be a dazzling new restoration. The old DVD looks great upscaled and it's one of Miss Day's most important films.

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Excellent news about both of these titles!++ Can't wait to buy them.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, these are fabulous announcements, and I can't wait to purchase both of them. Both should look sublime.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This use of phrases such as "This is going to hurt my wallet" or "My wallet is taking a beating," etc., is getting old. It's a metaphor for your spending habits and mine, and our wallets have nothing to do with it. They are inert. We are, theoretically, intelligent. Can we retire those responses to every new announcement from TT or the Warner Bros Archives (along with "That said," and "That having been said," and "Having said that," and all the permutations of those words)? These have became way-y overused and cliché on this forum, and the latter one almost everywhere and for just about everything anyone says, as a sort of needless disclaimer. I don't happen to use either phrase or variation of them, although I've certainly fallen into the trap of using the once-expressive but now-almost-irrelevant word "great," which used to mean true excellence but now has simply become another way of saying, "I liked it." ;)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

The announcement of SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON is just great (see above)! This will erase any need or desire to order the inferior Japanese release. I hold out hope that Warner Archives will continue on with their RKO titles, perhaps even including some or all of the Val Lewton nine or BRINGING UP BABY or GUNGA DIN, etc.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
This use of phrases such as "This is going to hurt my wallet" or "My wallet is taking a beating," etc., is getting old. It's a metaphor for your spending habits and mine, and our wallets have nothing to do with it. They are inert. We are, theoretically, intelligent. Can we retire those responses to every new announcement from TT or the Warner Bros Archives (along with "That said," and "That having been said," and "Having said that," and all the permutations of those words)? These have became way-y overused and cliché on this forum, and the latter one almost everywhere and for just about everything anyone says, as a sort of needless disclaimer. I don't happen to use either phrase or variation of them, although I've certainly fallen into the trap of using the once-expressive but now-almost-irrelevant word "great," which used to mean true excellence but now has simply become another way of saying, "I liked it." ;)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

The announcement of SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON is just great (see above)! This will erase any need or desire to order the inferior Japanese release. I hold out hope that Warner Archives will continue on with their RKO titles, perhaps even including some or all of the Val Lewton 9 or BRINGING UP BABY or GUNGA DIN, etc.
I agree. The correct phrasing these days should be "my Paypal account is taking a beating". ;)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It's not really a surprise, as She Wore A Yellow Ribbon was on that Warner polling list (came third). I want a release date, & then that lovely day when it falls through the letterbox. When Warner released Fort Apache four years ago, I thought it would only be a few months before She Wore A Yellow Ribbon appeared, you do need patience if you're a fan of old movies on HD. It looks like we're going to end the year with both, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon & One-Eyed Jacks (& who knows what else).

As for that Japanese release, going by the caps, it doesn't look anything like as good as the Warner DVD, not even the Japanese should buy it.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
As probably everyone here knows, the cinematographer for She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Winton Hoch, won an Oscar for this film....

Poster%20-%20She%20Wore%20a%20Yellow%20Ribbon_10.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
There is no doubt about it...Warner Archive is having an amazing year.
They are certainly offering something for everyone: musicals, noirs, westerns, dramas, comedies without overloading on any one genre at the expense of the others. You do have to hand it to them. (Of course, they have such a vast list to choose from, every genre can be represented with ease.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks