What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ True Crime -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
While I might not call Clint Eastwood's 1999 True Crime, a great movie, it certainly is a very good one. It's filled with character, texture, and a terrific story.

The new Blu-ray from Warner Bros., which is finally filling in some of the Blu-ray holes in Mr. Eastwood's career, along with a companion Blu of City Heat, is a welcome affair.

Interestingly, when one looks at his career, we still have numerous missing Blu-rays -- something that needs to be dealt with.

As a Blu-ray, True Crime is quite gorgeous. Beautiful color and textures, grain structure, and a nice gray scale. Just a great looking Blu-ray, which gives us a great representation of Jack Green's cinematography, and Henry Bumstead's production design.

Zero problems, and a terrific two hours of entertainment.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Missing BLUs of Clints that I would love would be his directed version of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil it's a great summer film and a tremendous cast!

I'll be picking this up along with City Heat I can't turn down any Burt Reynolds films no matter what quality.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Missing BLUs of Clints that I would love would be his directed version of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil it's a great summer film and a tremendous cast!

I'll be picking this up along with City Heat I can't turn down any Burt Reynolds films no matter what quality.

Waiting for Midnight. Beautifully shot.

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Yeah, but Midnight was poorly cast, in some respects, and the script was a "Make Sure You Cross the Ts and Dot the Is" kind of thing, which betrayed the subtlety of the book. I know, I know, books and films are different forms, but still; the film renders the book's message in a way that is far too "on the nose," and it casts a real person in a key role that should have gone to an actor. The real person can only be themself, and they're too big for the movie (too big for any movie). Both things take me right out of the movie. Good try, but, no cigar on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks