What's new

Sony STDR-H750 and Hi Rez DAP (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I have this receiver and am intrigued that it can decode hi res audio. I currently have a few lossless albums that I've purchased from HDTracks, but have waited to pull the trigger on a dedicated DAP. I'm considering the FiiO X3. Is there a way to connect this DAP to the STRD-H750? Once that's done, will the receiver automatically decode the hi res music, or will I need to adjust some settings? Appreciate any feedback.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It doesn't look like it - as your receiver supports playback from USB. Unless your DAP can be used as a USB storage device - it won't work properly. That said, copy your HDTracks files to a USB drive of some kind, and you should be in business!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
It doesn't look like it - as your receiver supports playback from USB. Unless your DAP can be used as a USB storage device - it won't work properly. That said, copy your HDTracks files to a USB drive of some kind, and you should be in business!
Thanx for this. As I'm reading your reply, I'm thinking how crazy that I didn't realize this already. Crazy. Appreciate it!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I tried using a flash drive on the receiver, but no dice. There is a message that comes on screen that says, "Not supported." The tracks are .wav files, so the receiver's DACs should have no problem. I'm thinking it doesn't like the flash drive. Any ideas anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks