What's new

Question about Older iTunes Codes (1 Viewer)

Jon Denby

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon Denby
I bought Star Trek into Darkness (2013) on blu ray which included an iTunes Digital Copy code and UV code. My understanding and my experience previously was that any code before 2014 that said Digital Copy and showed a little disc icon or that didn't say Digital HD would give a SD version on iTunes. So when I redeemed the code I was pleasantly surprised to see that it redeemed an HD version of the movie on iTunes including the iTunes Extras, instead of just the SD version of the movie that I was expecting.

Does anyone know if this is the case with any older iTunes code redeemed today, or was I just lucky?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Does anyone know if this is the case with any older iTunes code redeemed today, or was I just lucky?

The iTunes code for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has always redeemed as HD. (I remember doing so myself the first day the disc came out.) iTunes switched to offering digital codes probably around that time, 2013ish. It also depending on the studios providing the code, some studios provided SD redemptions for a longer period while other studios transitioned to HD for code redemption a little earlier. But I think 2012-2013 was about the time most studios started switching from SD to HD redemptions.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I could not figure out where to put this question, so ...

I am I’m Canada, but buy most of my blu rays in the USA. Is there a way to redeem the digital codes here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks