What's new

Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare (1 Viewer)

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
PRESS RELEASE

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Redefines the Franchise with Classic War Story in a Bold,

New Setting

All-New Call of Duty Arrives on Friday, November 4

Acclaimed Studio Team at Infinity Ward to Deliver Timeless Hero's Journey, Immense Multiplayer Action and Original Zombies Experience

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy and Digital Deluxe Editions Includes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for the Ultimate Fan Package

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Call of Duty® is returning to its roots for a classic, epic battle of two armies unlike anything seen before in the record-setting series. Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare will launch worldwide Friday, November 4, immersing players in a war story that, for the first time in franchise history, extends beyond the reaches of Earth into the vast expanse of our solar system. Published by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and led by Infinity Ward, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will also be available as the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition, which includes the return of the full campaign and 10 multiplayer maps from the famed Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, released in high-definition brilliance as Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered*.

Infinite Warfare and the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition, featuring Modern Warfare® Remastered, will be available for PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC.

"This year, we're both honoring the heritage of Call of Duty while taking players to incredible new heights," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a bold, new vision from the studio that created the original Call of Duty and Modern Warfare, and an adventure on an insanely epic scale that only Call of Duty could deliver. And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is one of the most beloved games of all-time, reborn for a new generation. We have lovingly remastered it with a whole new level of graphical fidelity and realism that wasn't possible when the original was released. It's going to be a great year for Call of Duty players."

"With Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, we are taking Call of Duty to places fans have never experienced in the series," said Dave Stohl, Studio Head of Infinity Ward. "On one hand, this game is the kind of gritty, boots on the ground, visceral war story that Call of Duty is known for. On the other, its future setting takes players on a journey of epic scale and proportions, providing incredible gameplay innovations and new experiences for our fans. This is a grand scale, old-school, all-out war in an epic new-school setting. And it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun."

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare puts storytelling front and center in a rich, immersive narrative. Infinity Ward breaks new ground by exploring the weight of leadership and its responsibilities. In a desperate time of overwhelming adversity, the player, as Captain of their own warship, must take command against a relentless enemy. Experienced soldiers are thrust into extraordinary circumstances that will test their training and reveal their true character as they learn to lead and to make the hard decisions necessary to achieve victory. The game also introduces stunning, never before seen environments, new weaponry, and inventive player abilities to Call of Duty. The entire campaign - from boots-on-ground combat to piloting high speed space-fighters - occurs as a near seamless experience with few visible loading times, and delivers the hallmark, blockbuster franchise moments that fans love.

For online action, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare promises to strike with maximum impact in a world where every second counts as it delivers the future of warfare. The game's Multiplayer mode features an evolution of Call of Duty's movement system with an emphasis on front-line engagement. Additionally, Infinite Warfare will introduce an original cooperative Zombies mode that takes players on a wild ride through a new storyline with unique gameplay features and mechanics. More details about multiplayer and the new zombies experience will be announced at a later date.

One of the most critically acclaimed titles in the series, inspired by overwhelming community interest, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfareis beingremastered for current generation consoles. Executive produced by Infinity Ward and developed by Raven Software, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered* puts players into a modern-day action-thriller filled with the heart-stopping moments that made it one of the most critically-acclaimed games of all-time.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they're transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including "All Ghillied Up," "Charlie Don't Surf," and "Crew Expendable." Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as "Crash," "Backlot" and "Crossfire."

"The original Modern Warfare raised the bar on video games and forever will be remembered as one of the best. It's an honor to be developing the remaster and we are committed to faithfully remastering this classic for Call of Duty fans," stated Brian Raffel, studio head of Raven Software.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered* is included with the following editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare:

• Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition - Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, SRP $79.99.
  • Digital Deluxe Edition - Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass, SRP $99.99.
  • Legacy Pro Edition - Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible SteelbookTM, official game soundtrack and additional digital items, SRP $119.99.
*Check local retailers for availability of all Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Editions.

*Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered contains only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com/MWR_FAQ.

For the latest intel, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty or follow @CallofDuty and @InfinityWard on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is scheduled for release on PlayStation® 4 system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC. The title is not yet rated.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

© 2016 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, MODERN WARFARE, CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE, and CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.

Reveal trailer:

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Advanced Warfare was my last COD.
I used to love these games, but truly feel they have gone stale.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The first and last CoD I played was Modern Warfare. I have seen nothing since then that has remotely interested me in returning to the series. And I didn't even play MW's multiplayer.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
LvbpU2Z.jpg

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If they do a few more HD remasters, I'd love to see a retail collection of them.

As a rule, I don't buy digitally distributed remasters of modern console games that I already own on disc (Assuming this one even goes on sale eventually just like Call of Duty Classic did on XBLA/PSN, which Activision said similar things about being exclusive to the deluxe editions of Modern Warfare 2). But if they really upgrade it graphically and throw together a package down the road, I'd support them.

Never played these in multiplayer, but they make for a solid 5 hour or so single player experience as long as you pay appropriately for the small amount of content that you're getting. $10 is pretty much my maximum price for a Call of Duty title and as they go further and further into futuristic territory, I might be dropping that threshold even further as my interest declines.

I want WWII themes back or something really unique like a Korean War or WWI setting. And since we're so far from simulations here, why not try something really unusual like the Revolutionary War or the Civil War? They've never been bound to real-life mechanics so it's not like we're looking at 30 second reload times with muskets.

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sounds like Battlefield might be returning to a historical setting. They've hinted at WWI.

Hopefully Call of Duty follows next year in trying something different than the now dull and overused futuristic theme.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sounds like Battlefield might be returning to a historical setting. They've hinted at WWI.

Hopefully Call of Duty follows next year in trying something different than the now dull and overused futuristic theme.
I hope so. I'm so tired of the futuristic super soldier formula. There's too much going on both game-wise and controller-wise. Just let me be a regular military soldier doing regular military soldier things without using 16 different functions on my controller.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I haven't played Battlefield since Battlefield 2 on the PC, but they have my attention this time.

What's single player like in these? Back in the Battlefield 1942-Battlefield 2 days, it was just mindless bots to shoot at.

I don't play first person console shooters online (Too spoiled by mouse/keyboard controls) and my PC isn't up to par to run this one, so it's only useful to me if there's an entertaining single player mode where my controller struggles can be overlooked.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I honestly have zero interest in any of this. I got my fair share of realistic-ish military shooters years ago, but by now most of the campaigns are meh and the multiplayer annoying, so I don't really care anymore. I enjoyed Wolfenstein last year (or the year before? I forget) but it did something different and had a neat story. And it actually cared about the single-player experience.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sadly, the days of Half-Life style experiences are largely past, but hopefully Battlefield 1 manages to offer something really compelling for a single player experience. Heck, I'm pleased enough with this direction that they've taken that I just might try my hand at an online fps for the first time on a console.

I don't know or particular care what Morgan might think of Half-Life since it's beside the point, but it's a perfect example of the balance that's lacking in today's offerings. It had significant effort that was expended in both the campaign and the multiplayer modes back then. I miss those types of balanced first person shooters that don't neglect either style of play.

Where the single player experience is concerned, Alien Isolation is probably the closest we've gotten to that type of game in quite sometime, although the gun action is very much secondary to exploration and avoiding contact with your foes. But the atmosphere and feeling reminds me very much of what I still consider the top game in its genre.

But for those not interested in multiplayer, giving these modern multiplayer-centric releases some time before acquiring them can still yield a satisfactory experience. What would've seemed like a rip-off at full MSRP for someone disinterested in online multiplayer can be an entertaining single player diversion for a handful of hours when it's $5 or $10 used.

I'd sure love to see Half-Life 3 or a new Brothers in Arms though, which are probably my two favorites franchises of the genre.

Last edited:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Half Life (1, 2, and the episodes) and Alien: Isolation were great games. It's the military shooter genre that I've gotten really bored with. Most people I know who play Battlefield and Call of Duty only do so because of the multiplayer. That's fine and I can't knock the quality of the experience the games provide, but I have no interest in online multiplayer and the single player experience is usually short and mostly an on-rails/linear set of explosions and bro-fisting.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If people don't mind one more diversion here, I'm curious if Morgan ever tried the Red Faction games on the 360/PS3?

I've been meaning to give them a try now that they're so cheap, since they seem focused on the single player. The first two on the PS2 were good games that reminded me in quite a few ways of the original Half-Life, but I've never gotten around to giving the follow-ups any attention.

Been hoping the sequels stuck to that foundation instead of becoming generic lookalikes like you're complaining about that are difficult to separate from a dozen other first person shooters.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I played the original PS2 Red Faction (was very good, at the time) and Red Faction Guerrilla, which was great. Heard bad things about Armageddon so I skipped it. They're not the modern HL games you want. They are unique from other games in the FPS genre but not quite Half Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks