What's new

Veep - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
237831-5.jpg

I don't remember, the election was between Selina Meyer and who? Wasn't it Hugh Laurie's character?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wait, but who's the other person? Have we seen him on screen? They are talking about recounting ballots.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
She's running against Senator O'Brien, the Republican candidate. He's been on the show before but not in any major way. He's the stereotypical Southern politician/moron.

We may know O'Brein is a stereotypical southern moron, but we don't know his [or Selina's] party.

That's kind of a major point of the show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I can't cite the episode and I admit that I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure that they've said that Selina is a Democrat.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm not trying to push any party agenda by saying that and I don't think the show is either. If anything, all the characters are so terrible that everyone involved in politics comes off as awful rather than any specific party being the bad guy.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm sure that we don't know their party. Julia Louis-Dreyfus has said several times that they go out of their ways not to mention their political party. So officially we don't know.

She has corrected several times the interviewers. Last was Stephen Colbert.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That they've always avoided naming parties for years is why her party being named stuck out as so surprising in my mind. However, since I can't point to the episode (and could be dreaming it up), I'll say that I'm wrong and they haven't named her party. Whatever Selina's political affiliation, she and her team make the opposing party look better. :)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
They never named the parties but during the election she was winning the blue states so the assumption could be Democrat.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 5x4 : Mother

Oh boy. This was gold. This was the best and funniest episode not of this season but the entire series. Stop everything, if you are watching Game of Thrones, stop and go watch this first!

It was both extremely sad and funny. For the first half it was very sad and upsetting to me. Someway halfway through, something clicked and I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the episode like I have not laughed in a long time.

10/10.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It was funny when the lady who wanted all the free stuff took the ugly purse at the end.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
And holy God -- Selina's epic rant at the end of the episode:

"You're playing a VERY dangerous game of chicken with the head fuckin' hen -- 'cause if I don't win the White House, O'Brien is gonna sink your stupid boats, and you're gonna look like a hairsprayed asshole in that 1980's 'Mother of the Bride' dress, and if I do win, I will have my administration come to your shitty little district and shake it to death like a Guatemalan nanny, and then I'm gonna have the I.R.S. crawl so far up your husband's colon, he's gonna wish the only thing they find is more cancer. So...can I count on your vote? Or do I need to shove a box of White House M&Ms up your stretched-out, six-baby vadge?"

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
And holy God -- Selina's epic rant at the end of the episode:

"You're playing a VERY dangerous game of chicken with the head fuckin' hen -- 'cause if I don't win the White House, O'Brien is gonna sink your stupid boats, and you're gonna look like a hairsprayed asshole in that 1980's 'Mother of the Bride' dress, and if I do win, I will have my administration come to your shitty little district and shake it to death like a Guatemalan nanny, and then I'm gonna have the I.R.S. crawl so far up your husband's colon, he's gonna wish the only thing they find is more cancer. So...can I count on your vote? Or do I need to shove a box of White House M&Ms up your stretched-out, six-baby vadge?"

Really enjoy this show. I'm an episode behind, spoilers don't bother me, so looking forward to the June 5 episode.

I'm so glad this is on HBO. No restrictions on dialogue or kind of the unwritten behind the scenes things they refer to.

This would be incredibly dull on network TV. Even cable channels would probably tone it down a lot.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
A very funny episode.

- Camp David is where President Eisenhower came to recover after his heart attack.
- Is he okay?
- he's dead. He's long gone.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"How am I doing? I'm eatin' so much pussy I'm shittin' clit, son." - Jonah Ryan, standing in front of a group of innocent kindergarteners.

"Honey, let me tell you something. Marjorie is insufferable, okay? There are other...there are other fish in the Sapphic-sea, babe. I mean, seriously, there are more lesbians in the Secret Service, even."

"Is it weird going tunnel-to-tunnel with your mom's twin?" "What??"

Also, this:

"She went to Georgetown Day School."
"OK. It may have been a crime."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks