What's new

Zulawski's "La Femme Publique" (Mondo Vision SE) (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Browsing the foreign film section of my local Half Price Books I made a curious find: Andrzej Zulawski's La Femme Publique, released by Mondo Vision. A quick Google turned up some very intriguing info on the film and its director, whose name I recognize but know really nothing about. The Mondo Vision seems to have received rather stellar reviews; I bought the disc for what seemed like an attractive $12.99. Is this as lucky a find as I think it is?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
If you bought the 2-disc version residing within an attractive box which is limited to 2000 copies; with a numbered certificate inside; with a soundtrack CD; with 10 B&W reproductions; and a 48 page booklet; all this for $12.99, then you got yourself a bargain.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
This is a single-disc in a rather nice condition digipak with a 24-page insert. At any rate, the quality of the video (apparently this was the debut for the label) garnered universally high marks. Also, Zulawski passed away just this past February.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Peter, you still got yourself a bargain. I myself was able to snag the limited edition I described in my previous post.There is a BD out there of Zulawski's Possession, probably his best-known film. You might want to check it out. I have the Region B. Unfortunately, the Region A is only available through third-party sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks