What's new

Apple Pay (1 Viewer)

Eve Babcock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eve Babcock
So in my rental shop, a lot of my customers have been asking if I accept Apple Pay. I never even knew about this since a couple of weeks ago. Is it so popular that I have to do something so I can accept payment of this type?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Found this article - but that is more on the consumer side - it doesn't say how a merchant is expected to set this up.

There is a link on Apple's site for merchants to use - on how to set it up - and how it works for you - here

Last edited:

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So in my rental shop, a lot of my customers have been asking if I accept Apple Pay. I never even knew about this since a couple of weeks ago. Is it so popular that I have to do something so I can accept payment of this type?
I can see why people are asking for it: every single store I use regularly my neighborhood: Fairway, Zabar's, Levain Bakery, Whole Foods, Duane Reade, etc. accepts it.

This means that I can stop carrying my wallet, especially when I'm not going to me wearing a jacket this summer. It really changes your life: you don't even need your phone if you are out running: Apple Pay works with the Apple Watch without your iPhone being nearby.
ApplePay.jpg

Eve Babcock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eve Babcock
OMG Thanks so much everyone! I now have a lot to add to my list. I only had TSys which is what the book store near us uses. I'm calling them for a quote soon. Wish me luck!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
First serious Apple Pay complaint: a few days ago OMNI on NY Subway turnstiles started rejecting my Apple Watch: Apple Pay: Apple Card

IIRC the error message was :"Invalid Credit Card". The exact same turnstile worked fine with iPhone: Apple Pay: Apple Card. This happened at multiple different subway stations. Meanwhile the same Apple Watch: Apple Pay: Apple Card works fine in every store a regularly go to, so I doubt it is an Apple Watch bug ... but I am stumped. I should complain to OMNI

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Definitely an OMNY problem -- it works fine with Apple Pay/AMEX vs Apple Pay/Apple Card. Reason: Apple Card via Apple Pay keeps changing the account number, which apparently chokes OMNY. I am stuck with AMEX.

See for instance:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Definitely an OMNY problem -- it works fine with Apple Pay/AMEX vs Apple Pay/Apple Card. Reason: Apple Card via Apple Pay keeps changing the account number, which apparently chokes OMNY. I am stuck with AMEX.

See for instance:

What exactly didn't work for you?

I've been using mine w/out problem... at least after I (fully) unlock my phone first (and then go thru the Wallet app) instead of using the shortcut in Control Center (w/out fully unlocking the phone first).

I'm finding lately that I usually have to do this and not merely use the Control Center shortcut for Apple Pay (at least w/ my Apple Card) to work, not just for OMNY, but for most everywhere else too it seems. Not sure what's causing this, but maybe it started happening after my update to iOS 15.4.1 (all the way from 15.1.1)...

FWIW, I also don't use Face ID, so yeah, unlocking phone is a very manual/deliberate step (that's also required w/ the Control Center shortcut)...

_Man_

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I have always used my Apple Watch for Apple Pay, be it OMNY or anything else. No mask problems, no digging through pockets, no problems — just double tap your wrist and tap your watch. Still works fine with AMEX, just not Apple Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks