What's new

Back in the Day Cashiers most hated ....... (1 Viewer)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
film title to tell phone caller WHAT's Playing. The cashier @ The State Theater in Balio. city told me Jack Lemmons Phffft! and Poor Cow were her most hated.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Can't imagine that "Ssssssss" or "Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mamma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad" won them over, either.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I would assume most cashiers (not to mention the marquee) shortened Peter Brook's 1967 film The Persecution And Assassination Of Jean Paul Marat As Performed By The Inmates Of The Asylum Of Charendon Under The Direction Of The Marquis De Sade to Marat/Sade.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
They must have been thinking about those poor cashiers when they filmed For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide / When the Rainbow is Enuf retaining only the first three words for the title.

Everett S.

Real Name
Everett
I would assume most cashiers (not to mention the marquee) shortened Peter Brook's 1967 film The Persecution And Assassination Of Jean Paul Marat As Performed By The Inmates Of The Asylum Of Charendon Under The Direction Of The Marquis De Sade to Marat/Sade.
You have the winner ! Wow. A title to make W.C. Fields proud !

Last edited:

Everett S.

Real Name
Everett
I don't think this played Maryland,CENSOR Board and all,
but still the winner ! I am wrong as it did play as Marat/Sade a mild film.

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Having worked the box office relatively recently (11 or so years ago), I can tell you that probably the most irritating thing we dealt with wasn't lengthy film titles, but rather stupid questions. To be fair, this was in the internet age, so most people knew how to look up the movie titles.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I'd imagine the movie "?" led to some interesting replies ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks