What's new

Yamaha RX-V775WA sub will not work except on Bluray (1 Viewer)

Bigblock113

Auditioning
Real Name
Colton
I hooked up my amp for the first time today i am running a cerwin vega xls15s sub. I am also runnin an external amp with two cerwin vega xls15's. it was all playing fine until I did my firmware update to version 1.70 now my sub will not work at all for music the only time i can get it to work is playing a bluray movie. I tried two different cords and two different subs no dice... Anyone have any ideas?

citywalker

Agent
Real Name
Marco
Probably during the update your receiver settings did change automatically (reset or something). Try to find setting, where your sub is activated like before.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And, Colton...welcome to the HTF. Sounds like you might want to stick around here. We've got lots of interesting conversations going on all-the-time surrounding the hobby.

:welcome:

Bigblock113

Auditioning
Real Name
Colton
Probably during the update your receiver settings did change automatically (reset or something). Try to find setting, where your sub is activated like before.
i did i set my distances back to normal and it worked now its off again like litterally the sub is not displayed on the receiver display

Bigblock113

Auditioning
Real Name
Colton
i figured out the issue when i switch my front speakers to large it turns off my sub im not exactly sure why it does that. My old yamaha receiver didnt do that and it has the same on screen interface. (rx-v671)

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't speak for your old gear, Colton...but most systems--when the fronts are set to large--figure there's no need to send any LFE information to a sub. I have seen countless people on these pages advised to set their fronts to small (no matter the size of their speakers) so that the sub will be fully engaged.

Glad you figured it out! :thumbsup:

Bigblock113

Auditioning
Real Name
Colton
Thanks Mike. I just upsized so i can run external amplifiers so just learning little things about my new setup thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks