What's new

Are Online Home Video Vendors Shifting Away From Item Replacement Option? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm currently in a situation with Import CDs (Via Amazon Canada Marketplace) in which a Honeymooners Blu-ray set that I ordered 3 weeks back hasn't yet arrived.

Upon making some inquiries, it has been confirmed to me that while Import CDs used to offer options for item replacement OR refund, should their shipped item/s not arrive within a certain timeframe (Or not at all!), this is no longer the case, as they now only offer refunds. Apparently, as an Amazon third party vendor, they don't have to offer BOTH options, and for whatever reason, have decided it's less costly for them to go strictly the refund only route. This applies even if the item/s shipped from their company arrive damaged! Import CDs are out of the business of replacing items for ANY reason, and now offer ONLY refunds, PERIOD!!

For me, the implication regarding my order is, should I decide to then reorder the same item from Import CDs, it will cost me more $, as their online pricing for the aforementioned item has recently increased, a fact that I'm naturally not particularly "Over the moon" about! So much for locked in pricing, but I digress!

The main purpose in addressing this issue is to invite others to post any similar experiences they may have encountered, and any observances and opinions regarding this. That is, what other online Home Video Vendors have gone the route of only offering a refund option?

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks