What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off Blu-ray and DVD June 14 - 20th (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Direct from a BN Media Manager -- the 40% Off Sale this June is scheduled for 1 week only 6/14 through 6/20 and includes BD and DVDs. She had no specific exclusions listed unlike at Christmas when Disney/Marvel were excluded. Typically this has run for 2-3 weeks so this a really short window though I guess there is always a small chance it might be extended.

This is the 1st year with 4K discs so we'll have to see what happens with those. The manager had no idea what 4K was and very few stores have them in stock at all yet.

This sale is 40% off MSRP and almost always there should be a round of discount 15 or 20% coupons that can be stacked though with a single week overlapping FAther's Day it's a little trickier. Usually for the weekend of Fathers Day there are instore coupons at least.
There should be some discount online codes available and I'll list those once they are confirmed.

In the past ALL instore items are discounted and the majority of online, but often some newer releases and some specialty studio items aren't included online (preorders also excluded). With the new ship to home from in-store policy it does allow the 10% member discount on top of the 40% plus any extra store coupons to be applied. It does help out that you don't have to be so careful to get the item sent to the store beforehand and is case something is OOS/Sold out at your store.

No more details on the 50% Criterion sale since someone will ask, but historically it's started the 1st/2nd Tuesday after July 4th so either the 5th or 12th is the most likely date and run 3 or 4 weeks. Best guess for now is 7/5 - 8/1.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Direct from a BN Media Manager -- the 40% Off Sale this June is scheduled for 1 week only 6/14 through 6/20 and includes BD and DVDs. She had no specific exclusions listed unlike at Christmas when Disney/Marvel were excluded. Typically this has run for 2-3 weeks so this a really short window though I guess there is always a small chance it might be extended.

This is the 1st year with 4K discs so we'll have to see what happens with those. The manager had no idea what 4K was and very few stores have them in stock at all yet.

This sale is 40% off MSRP and almost always there should be a round of discount 15 or 20% coupons that can be stacked though with a single week overlapping FAther's Day it's a little trickier. Usually for the weekend of Fathers Day there are instore coupons at least.
There should be some discount online codes available and I'll list those once they are confirmed.

In the past ALL instore items are discounted and the majority of online, but often some newer releases and some specialty studio items aren't included online (preorders also excluded). With the new ship to home from in-store policy it does allow the 10% member discount on top of the 40% plus any extra store coupons to be applied. It does help out that you don't have to be so careful to get the item sent to the store beforehand and is case something is OOS/Sold out at your store.

No more details on the 50% Criterion sale since someone will ask, but historically it's started the 1st/2nd Tuesday after July 4th so either the 5th or 12th is the most likely date and run 3 or 4 weeks. Best guess for now is 7/5 - 8/2.

Thank you!
I was just looking for criterion info for a friend...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Criterion 50% Sales normally is July and November. A store employee said he thinks it will run July 5- Aug 1 though he still considers that a preliminary time frame
and BN has often changed dates very late in the rollout and even during the sale. That time does fit with prior sales however

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A few discount codes which should be active for at least part of the sale. Like most BN codes these don;t/shouldn't work for NOOK, Preorders, Gift Cards, legos, textbooks, Sphero, most Legos. Usually they are good for regular books, music, movies and some specialty items.

I assuming there will be at least some instore Fathers Day coupons as well, but those won't usually be out until 6/16

Online only codes
BNLOVEDAD Get 20% Off 1 Eligible Item Plus Free Express Shipping valid from June 13, 2016 at 12:01am to June 15, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

20% off one item -- currently active and seems to be re-usable with the same account as well
HHBK75YX8KYR8 -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET
MAR3YJY37QPKS -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET

15% off Online
- if the above work then these really don't make much sense, but just in case. These have been active for 6+ wks already and no known exp date
9DAWJ1Z88Z134
NKMMWDZJXAE73
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU

For many years B&N have offered 2 month Free Membership trials if you signed up online. Sadly that seems to be over or at least on hiatus. It's possible it could be reinstated between now and the July Criterion sale or possible some time after the Criterion sale is over. I'll post if something else pops up

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple other discount online codes will be active at certain parts of the sale plus it does appear there will be some store only 15% or 20% single item codes for Fathers Day weekend that should be sent out on Thursday (6/16) and be valid through the end of Sunday night (6/19). As always I usually get quite a few extra email coupons that I'm happy to pass on to those who need then, so just send me a PM next week after they come out and tell me how many you can use.

For a smaller orders still with a nice discount earlier in the week though if you plan on making a few smaller orders it might be better to lump them into a bigger order with the next code.
Get 20% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE16 June 15, 2016 at 12:01am to June 17, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

There was a similar tiered coupon last week in which the % discount was determined as expected by the usual eligible items, but once you met the threshold all the rest of the items in the cart got the same discounts including things like pre-orders which are usually excluded. No way to tell if that will work with the BNJUNE60 code, but if you have $150 already in mind for an online order, a 30% discount on upcoming releases could be pretty special depending on the preorder discounts -- possibly some of the Aug/Sept Criterions that won;t otehrwise be available for less until November or a big boxset release for Aug-October that none of the other retailers have a big discount?

Last edited by a moderator:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Getting closer -- I'm getting conflicting information about whether 4K UHD will be included or not. One employee said no, but that store doesn't carry them yet.
A different employee in another city whose store does carry them said the prices on the scanner indicated they were included so there's is still hope.

With a couple big releases for 6/14 that could be very welcome news with the new Star Treks potentially being in the $20 range with extra discounts.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Getting closer -- I'm getting conflicting information about whether 4K UHD will be included or not. One employee said no, but that store doesn't carry them yet.
A different employee in another city whose store does carry them said the prices on the scanner indicated they were included so there's is still hope.

With a couple big releases for 6/14 that could be very welcome news with the new Star Treks potentially being in the $20 range with extra discounts.

So keep in mind these are B&N's discounts of their regularly high prices but ONLINE B&N has the 4KHD of "X-Men Days of Future Past" for $23.99 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...e-cut-hugh-jackman/24158329?ean=0024543261551
with the
20% Off Any Item + FREE Shipping: Use BNLOVEDAD
clearly displayed above the item

If you click on the
Up to 50% Off Movie & TV Gifts for Dad
and then 4K HD this is the only option offered

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well the 40% starts at MSRP so it really doesn't matter what B&N regular prices might be. The Xmen set is already 40% off so it should be the same price tomorrow assuming the 4K items stay eligible for online sales. The 20% off brings it to $19 shipped for the single title. Is it available for less anywhere -- I haven't really checked the prices

I'm not sure I understand the last part -- when I go through the Up to 50% off section I get the same listing.
4KHD with Bluray and DVD button or click the All formats and editions and get a bunch of other options with 3 BD choice, 3 DVD and the 4K. Right now the Xmen is the only 4K version that appears to be in the "Up to 50%" selection or at least it's the only one that pops up with the 4KUHD Format Filter

Assuming the 4K items stay eligible once for the online part of the sale and you have several to buy -- then the 30% off option becomes a viable alternative on Saturday or instore purchase options with other discounts though I'd have a hard time coming up with much better than $17

Last edited:

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter

No more details on the 50% Criterion sale since someone will ask, but historically it's started the 1st/2nd Tuesday after July 4th so either the 5th or 12th is the most likely date and run 3 or 4 weeks. Best guess for now is 7/5 - 8/1.

I intended to buy several titles from B&N with their 40% off but you only get 20% off.It stated that if you shop on line you get a further 20% off but in doing so,it made no difference- only 20% off. I cancelled all my titles that I was about to buy. Even after entering the BN code in order to get the discount,,I still only got 20%. How do buyers get the advertised 40% discount.? I am dumbfounded.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A lot of the prices aren't active yet. Again the 40% off starts from the MSRP and should be reflected in the price when you put it in the cart without having to do anything else.
The 20% coupon is only for a single item on top of that 40% though I'm not sure yet it that code is one time or reusable.

If the MSRP is 40 then it will be 23.99 then 20% from that so around $19 after the 20% coupon.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It looks like they are starting to add the 40% off prices. The JJ Abrams ST 4K-UHD are $28.79 EACH = 40% off list of $47.99 for pre-orders free shipping applies on each. So you might do best to order them separately and use the coupon code.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
looks like most of the prices that are going to change online have updated. 10000K BD and 50000DVD at least are listed currently. Only the 2 new Star Trek 4K are eligible
online under the sale. Still too early to know how the instore prices on 4K will work.

A couple ST deals.
The new Star Trek 4K are around $23 shipped with the current 20%+Free Shipping code
Star Trek TOS Complete Series around $40 -- 2 versions listed. One is the regualr item, the other with Diff UPC I think has the $8 Movie Cash sticker for the new ST Beyond movie
Star Trek Wrath of Khan DC/Remaster $11 -- 2 versions are listed, but only one eligible for shipping (I think it's the std item without Movie Cash sticker)
STTNG Complete is OOS and not even listed anymore I'm guessing due to backorder status, but hopefully it will re-stock. It was briefly online at $125 last night, but
OOS so the coupon code wouldn't apply and i don't think there are any copies instore unless you had a store order it ahead of time for you.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/40-off-thousands-of-dvds-blu-rays/_/N-2j3n

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
looks like most of the prices that are going to change online have updated. 10000K BD and 50000DVD at least are listed currently. Only the 2 new Star Trek 4K are eligible
online under the sale. Still too early to know how the instore prices on 4K will work.

A couple ST deals.
The new Star Trek 4K are around $23 shipped with the current 20%+Free Shipping code
Star Trek TOS Complete Series around $40 -- 2 versions listed. One is the regualr item, the other with Diff UPC I think has the $8 Movie Cash sticker for the new ST Beyond movie
Star Trek Wrath of Khan DC/Remaster $11 -- 2 versions are listed, but only one eligible for shipping (I think it's the std item without Movie Cash sticker)
STTNG Complete is OOS and not even listed anymore I'm guessing due to backorder status, but hopefully it will re-stock. It was briefly online at $125 last night, but
OOS so the coupon code wouldn't apply and i don't think there are any copies instore unless you had a store order it ahead of time for you.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/40-off-thousands-of-dvds-blu-rays/_/N-2j3n

SOME Criterions are on sale for $23.99 for single disc - with the 20% Discount = $19.99 + tax if you live where there is a B&N location

Others have a lower base price
Blurays sorted by Price : http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/criterion-collection/_/N-1p0iZ1z141rd?Ns=P_Sale_Price|0

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
As of now, Victor Victoria does not have the 40% off, although BN seems to have stock.

Are new WAC usually included in these sales?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
WAV don't appear to allowed online. If they are instore or available to order from instore as ship to home then the discount should apply.
Another poster elsewhere said they were told that most WAV titles were web only and not available in/from in- store which would exclude them.
You may need to speak to a Clerk and the store and have them check their system to see what options are there.

None of the WAV items I checked even have a "CHeck Store Inventory" option which makes me think these may be web only

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks