What's new

Name 5 Films Released on LaserDisc - That You Are Surprised Were Never Released on Pressed DVD or BR (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
1. The Hucksters (Clark Gable and a great cast; could have been marketed as a precursor to Mad Men)
2. None but the Lonely Heart (Cary Grant, in his own <supposedly> favorite role)
3. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Glenn Ford)
4. The Ex-Mrs. Bradford (Could have piggy-backed on the retro popularity of the Thin Man series)
5. The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I have the following lasers not on dvd or blu-ray as of today:

1) Napoleon
2) The Grey Fox
3) Good Morning Babylon
4) The Brave Little Toaster
5) The AFI Achievements Awards
6) Francois Truffaut 25 Years, 25 Films
7) Oscar's Greatest Moments 1971-1991

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Four Horsemen(1962) was issued on WAC in 2009 and I just sold a spare I had. The 1921 version was issued in 2013 by someone called CD Baby and I have the LD version.
Napoleon has been on a DVD in recent times as late as 2013 by some unknown at 117mins!!!!!!!!!!
The Ex-Mrs Bradford was issued in Nov 2010 on WAC
The Hucksters on WAC in 2011

But if you mean pressed/replicated DVD then some of those have not been available that way. There are many on VHS in many English speaking countries that have not surfaced legally on any form or DVD or Blu Ray. The list is endless. Some are small productions that might otherwise disappear for good. I kept my LDs and I know some were faulty at the time I last used them a few years ago and probably more since but I reckon I got about 800. The sides that did faulter and be unplayable were the CAV sides, not the CLV longplay sides. Had a few with speckles and still have the original Saturday Night Fever box from 1980 with a booklet and the staples went rusty. The sides played lines, lots of speckles and noise in the soundtrack but it was a start. It was all of $24.98 then plus local sales tax at a Sears in Lincoln Park/Detroit area where I had my last visit to USA and last visit anywhere outside of Australia. The saleslady tried her darndest to see me a machine but I had no funds free, no way of using the machine here then because of NTSC-PAL and it was about Christmas 1994 when I finally got a machine locally and started hasn't stopped with disc collecting. The way of playback around systems for domestic use was now viable and I got a machine for that too. Well worth the costs then.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Michael Mann's The Keep. Never owned the Laserdisc, so I don't know how well it represented the film. Tried to stream the film from Amazon one time and it was a hideous looking source in 1.33:1 AR.

- Walter.
It's the best there is, OAR...no longer good enough, but all we're likely to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks