What's new

So You Think You Can Dance Season 13 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm watching live tonight in the radically changed SYTYCD S13: ages 8-13.

Going into it, I'm not excited for Muppet Babies SYTYCD. But I'm trying to be open to it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Unless someone confirms this show is awesome, I will not watch a single second of this nonsense.

Franchise is dead.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I am not going to watch this: I have a rule against watching trash.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty saccharine and underwhelming. No one likes to watch adults crushing children's dancing dreams on TV...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was trying to envision what this would be like. Basically, taking those cute kid moments from the auditions and making a whole run of it. There's a limit.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We deleted the season pass and haven't watched anything past the first minutes of the premiere. There was no way these kids were going to bring the emotion and power that the young adults imbue their performances with.

I can only imagine this is a market-survey driven show: they found their audience dwindling and the pollsters found an untapped market of parents with young kids to go for.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So I stuck around for a few more episodes, but I'm not really loving the mis-matched body type sizes (teens vs. adult) in the pairings so far, it just looks odd and weird to me. But the kids are getting an amazing opportunity to learn and grow as dancers and performers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They should rename this show to "Making teens cry since 2016", saw last week's 1st elimination of the top 10, and the girl who got the boot from the judges was so distraught that she didn't even return to the stage after the commercial break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks