What's new

HTF Performance on Firefox (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I skimmed through the posts and don't see anyone else with this problem, but HTF drags my computer down considerably under Firefox. So much so that I installed an adblocker just for HTF. After installing I no longer have the problem (after 5 minutes of experimenting).

This post is mostly an FYI, and in that vein if it helps any the only other extension I'm using is "Kaspersky Protection". I do have an appearance add-on and a few "standard" plugins (e.g., pdf, H264, MS Office 2016, VLC). If you guys think any of those other add-ins are causing the problem, let me know.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al:

I've had similar issues. I've seen my performance decrease markedly in recent weeks using Firefox (my browser of choice). And this is on both of my machines I use daily to surf the HTF. One of them is a screamin' new laptop, too.

I am getting a lot of "script bug" screens lately which completely lock things up for me. In fact I just got one right now and will post it for the powers-that-be.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I;ve been getting a lot of these lately...which stop me dead in the water.

full

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I;ve been getting a lot of these lately...which stop me dead in the water.

full
Just the other day, I was constantly getting the Google Chrome "Wait" or "Kill" option equivalent while on HTF (I actually had to close ALL of my HTF tabs, which I normally NEVER do!), with the latter greyed out as usual! :P

I hope that your's and Al's related issues get resolved soon!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks