What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon has published a new article.

Weekly RoundUp 6-28-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-150x150.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

Continue reading the original article.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy RoundUp, everyone!

Not much for me this week...although there are some really interesting releases.

I will likely pick up Eye in the Sky sometime. I have heard really good things about it and figure with Mirren and Rickman it just can't be all bad, right?!? :D And the documentary Fastball has also caught my eye.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Eye In The Sky deserved more attention than it got. I consider it a Fail-Safe for the 21st Century and one of the best films of the year. I also enjoyed Whisky Tango Foxtrot but then I am an unabashed Tina Fey fanboy. Both will be mine after the inevitable price drops.

Also will pick up Dr. Strangelove at the B&N Criterion sale next week.

Thanks Mike!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. Eye in the Sky is a phenomenal piece of filmmaking, and has Alan Rickman's last role too (let's just ignore Alice 2.) However, I'm not really sure what kind of replay value it has, since it is a very intense, difficult film to watch. I may consider it after a price drop, but not right now as next week is going to be expensive, so I'll wait. Nothing else for me this week.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Picking up that Ray Harryhausen documentary along with Kung Fu Panda 3 (if I can snag the 3D at BB).

Thanks for the Update!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. I especially love the poster for Up the Down Staircase. I bought the original DVD release, so I don't need the Warner Archive reprint on DVD-R, but it's a fantastic movie and very, very faithful to Bel Kaufman's wonderful hodgepodge of a book. Highly recommended.

Kung Fu Panda 3 is on this week's review agenda along with a couple of others, but we'll see if they come.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I saw Return of the Killer Tomatoes, I thought I'd get that, till I saw the $30 price tag. I guess I'll never understand where they pull these prices from.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
$8.00: Ghostbusters (up to $7.50 in movie cash)

That's not a bad deal, save for a couple of things. One, that would require me not to already have Ghostbusters. Two, that means that I would have to see Ghostbusters '16. And seeing that I would rather be set on fire than see this piece of crap, I think I'll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks