What's new

Would you mount the speakers into the wall? (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
For a 5.1 setup, the "traditional" location for the surround speakers is to the sides and slightly behind the listening position.

It's only for 7.1 setups that you add "surround back" speakers which should be placed several feet behind the listening position.

The slanted ceiling might be OK if you get some in-wall or in-ceiling speakers for your surrounds. Looks like space is tight along the left wall, and anything that sticks out from the wall is likely to impact a head on a regular basis.

I would not consider recessing a normal speaker into the wall (if that's another approach you were considering).

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Its from a theta S 360 orb camera... You should be able to zoo in on it to get rid of the fish eye thing

I figured i'd try something different since the room is smaller and hard to get a picture of.... I'll try pull some stills

I am thinking in to the wall as high as i can laying on their side to keep the speakers above the back of the couch

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I could possibly build a little speaker shelf on both back corners(one behind the couch, and the other just behind the kneewall door)... Yes overhead is no going to work too well virtually no clearance and the vega speakers are a big bigger than expected... Built onto a shelf it shouldn't effect room walking clearance since you are forced away from the wall a bit due to head room.

Do they need to be aimed at the viewing position or facing straight in will get the sound around the room? Also the speakers have rear ports... How much breathing room do they need behind the speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks