What's new

Help picking a mini-fridge! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I need recommendations for an under-cabinet mini-fridge for a small wetbar. I thought I'd get a decent $150 22"-wide mini-fridge with freezer. Today I learned I need a fridge designed for in-cabinet installation. Naturally, these are much more expensive. Or, I can buy a smaller free-standing mini-fridge and have a gap around it underneath the bar; which is not attractive.

I wanted freezer space for ice, for mixed drinks or guests who want ice in their soda. The in-cabinet fridges all seem to be beverage coolers only, with no freezers. Are there other options for ice for a wet-bar?

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Three simple options. 1) Have an ice bucket-bring it to the wet bar from your main freezer. 2) Get a refrigerator freezer combination, and leave the gap for ventilation (I did that). 3) I don't know if this one would work. Get a refrigerator freezer combo, and box it in without gaps on the side and top. Put a ventilation fan into the back, (leaving a space to circulate air) with a thermostat controlling the fan. If you look on the internet, you can find fan set ups to do just that. They are usually intended for use around other electronic equipment to prevent overheating. I have no idea how this last alternative will work, but I'd bet you could do it for considerably less than the cost you mentioned above.

By the way, the second alternative I used, and it's worked well for the past 4 years.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the info. I've decided to go with a built-in beverage fridge.

Hopefully the lower cost MagicChef brand. Or maybe an Avanti, with a solid, non-glass door.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Okay Dave, I've made some lame posts in the past, but this fridge thing is always on the main HTF screen. Please make it go away. :eek:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just saw your post, Stan. I don't know if or why this thread was featured. But it's off the front page now. :)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Just in case- make sure u get one with a freezer door on the outside, the ones with the inside door is a lot of problems!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks