What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Green Room -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It should be impossible for anyone today to view Green Room without concurrently mourning the loss of Anton Yelchin, a young man who arrived on film in 2000, had over 30 performances to his credit, with several still in post.

The situation is even sadder, as speaking with people in the industry, you'll find not a single unkind word or thought. By all accounts, just a stellar professional, and a consummate good guy.

Green Room, in which he leads, along with Imogen Poots, and Patrick Stewart, in one of his nastiest characterizations, is not for the weak of stomach. It's an uber-violent tale of a rock group getting the wrong playdate, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jeremy Saulnier, for whom this is his third feature length, directorial effort, worked his way through the industry as a cinematographer, which means that his selection of Sean Porter to point the Alexa must have a great deal to do with the final look and feel of the project. It's a generally dark, claustrophobic works, that just works.

The 2k DI, from which the Blu-ray is sourced yields a perfect presentation, with strong DTS-HD audio.

While those who prefer to frequent musicals and comedies need not apply, for those who appreciate visiting a sometimes darker place, Green Room is 95 minutes well spent.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Nope - it's Saulnier's third feature film. I never saw "Murder Party", but 2013's "Blue Ruin" was terrific...

Correct, and correct[ed]. Was unaware of Murder, and neglected to connect the dots for Blue. I'd quote the dx from 2001, but it's overused.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Correct, and correct[ed]. Was unaware of Murder, and neglected to connect the dots for Blue. I'd quote the dx from 2001, but it's overused.

I didn't realize Saulnier also made "Blue Ruin" until I played the commentary! His name didn't stick, I guess.

And a local boy, to boot - I should be ashamed! :D

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
The quick bit about Prince, surely intended just as a cute shout-out during filming, now functions as a touching tribute as well. :(

Good film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks