What's new

Tweaking (1 Viewer)

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Hello to all,

It has been a long time indeed and I hope all systems are well. I'm running the MLs Motion 40s, a Dynamo 700 using the Marantz SR7007. Took off the center and rears because in the process of moving. Should I set the fronts to large or small? What crossovers do you suggest I have them on?

Currently, it's setup as small, Sub LFE+Main, 80hz crossover&bass. I haven't really played with the system. What do you guys/gals recommend I configure my setup to get the best possible listening experience whether it's music or movies? Any additional suggestions are welcomed. Thanks all in advance.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I think that you're current setup is fine for music and movies. Your main speakers are capable of going to down to 40Hz so you can lower your xover point if you would like. This just means that you're going to be sending less to the sub and more to the mains. If you listen to music in stereo without the sub often this could be advantageous. (This would also be the case if you wanted to set them to large and let them play the full range of frequencies) However, I have see this negatively effect the way things sound too. My brother and I were playing around one night messing with the settings like this and in the off center seating positions the bass was greatly reduced by having the mains handle the bass vs the sub. When we put the xover back up to 80Hz the bass in those seating positions came back and the overall experience was vastly improved. In the sweet spot there was little difference so he hadn't noticed it it.

The great part about this is you're free to experiment to see what you like the best. You have good gear so play with it to see what gives you the best sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks