What's new

Olive Films September 2016 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
COMING IN SEPTEMBER 2016
ON DVD & BLU-RAY

4f6af073-dabf-464c-b222-a98c8e6f18e0.jpg

Olive Films is proud to announce the following September 2016 releases:

ba6c0dfb-dd87-4365-8901-ee467fe9b3fb.jpg
3b335779-1851-4a0d-8ac6-096457519f17.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA
PREBOOK: 8/9/16
STREET: 9/13/16

YOURS, MINE AND OURS
DVD
CAT: OF1271
UPC: 887090127110
SRP: $19.95

YOURS, MINE AND OURS
BD
CAT: OF1272
UPC: 887090127219
SRP: $29.95
YOURS, MINE AND OURS
LUCILLE BALL
(TV’s I Love Lucy, Fancy Pants, The Facts of Life)
HENRY FONDA
(12 Angry Men, The Grapes of Wrath, On Golden Pond)
VAN JOHNSON
(Brigadoon, The Caine Mutiny, The Purple Rose of Cairo)
TIM MATHESON
(Animal House, Sometimes They Come Back, A Little Sex)
TOM BOSLEY
(TV’s Happy Days, The World of Henry Orient)

Directed by
MELVILLE SHAVELSON
(Houseboat, The Seven Little Foys)

Multiple Emmy winner Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show) and Academy Award winner Henry Fonda (Best Actor, On Golden Pond) headline the funny and heartwarming Yours, Mine and Ours.

YEAR: 1968
GENRE: COMEDY
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH (with optional English subtitles)
LABEL: OLIVE FILMS
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 111 mins
RATING: N/R
ASPECT RATIO: 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR
AUDIO: MONO

Yours, Mine and Ours, based on the book Who Gets the Drumstick, stars Lucille Ball (The Facts of Life) and Henry Fonda (The Grapes of Wrath) as Frank and Helen Beardsley, parents to a blended family of twenty.

When Navy officer Frank Beardsley meets nurse Helen North (with a little help from mutual friend Darrel Harrison, played by Van Johnson, Brigadoon) there’s an undeniable attraction although both are apprehensive about any potential romantic involvement, having recently lost their spouses leaving them responsible for raising ten children and eight children respectively. When they decide to wed, unconventionality turns into hilarity in the wacky Yours, Mine and Ours.

Directed by Melville Shavelson (Houseboat) from a screenplay by Mort Lachman and Shavelson and a story by Bob Carroll Jr. and Madelyn Davis based on the Helen Beardsley book, Yours, Mine and Oursfeatures supporting performances by Tim Matheson (Animal House), Tom Bosley (TV’s Happy Days), Gary Goetzman (Married to the Mob), Morgan Brittany (Gypsy) and Tracy Nelson (Down and Out in Beverly Hills).

203b79ab-7329-4003-8182-697c1f750184.jpg
74882989-272c-40ac-a5f9-dd6a60cbacba.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
DVD & BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

THE MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS DVD
CAT: OF1261
UPC: 887090126113
SRP: $24.95

THE MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS BD
CAT: OF1262
UPC: 887090126212

THE MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS
JEANNE CARMEN
(The Devil’s Hand, The Naked Monster, The Three Outlaws)
LES TREMAYNE
(North by Northwest, The War of the Worlds, Say One for Me)
JOHN HARMON
(Funny Girl, Monsieur Verdoux, Hitch Hike to Hell)
DON SULLIVAN
(The Giant Gila Monster, Teenage Zombies, Paradise Alley)
FORREST LEWIS
(The Absent-Minded Professor, All That Heaven Allows)

Directed by
IRVIN BERWICK
(Hitch Hike to Hell, Malibu High, The 7th Commandment)

YEAR: 1958
GENRE: HORROR
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 71 min
ASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio; B&W

The sleepy little lighthouse community of Piedras Blancas has a big problem when bodies begin piling up (thankfully there’s the ice room at Kochek’s Store for meats and groceries) and a scale from a thought-to-be-extinct prehistoric amphibian is found nearby. Could this be the work of … The Monster of Piedras Blancas?

For a town photographed in black & white, Piedras Blancas is teeming with colorful characters. There’s Sturges (John Harmon, Monsieur Verdoux), the lighthouse keeper who makes it a ritual to leave food out near a secluded beach cave for, well, something; Lucy (Jeanne Carmen, Born Reckless), Sturges' zaftig daughter, a free thinker who clearly doesn’t pay attention to daddy's warnings about skinny dipping near the cave; Lucy’s boyfriend Fred (Don Sullivan, The Giant Gila Monster), a young man more than willing to keep an eye on Lucy; and the dedicated man of science Dr. Sam Jorgensen (Les Tremayne, The Fortune Cookie) who’s out to solve the mysterious murders. It will become painfully obvious to Sturges (and the unfortunate inhabitants of Piedras Blancas): never miss a feeding! The Monster of Piedras Blancas, directed by Irvin Berwick (Malibu High), co-stars Forrest Lewis (All That Heaven Allows), Frank Arvidson (The 7th Commandment) and Wayne Berwick (The Naked Monster) and is photographed by Philip Lathrop, two-time Academy Award nominee for Best Cinematography (The Americanization of Emily, Earthquake).

7e62d61d-2ace-4d2d-87cf-8ed29a2dcce0.jpg
b83c6e2c-a0e1-42b7-84bb-e38c3c627be8.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

THE HORRIBLE DR. HICHCOCK DVD
CAT: OF1265
UPC: 887090126519

THE HORRIBLE DR. HICHCOCK BD
CAT: OF1266
UPC: 887090126618

[paste:font size="5"]THE HORRIBLE DR. HICHCOCK Sunday, Pit and the Pendulum, Piranha)
ROBERT FLEMYNG
(The Quiller Memorandum, Funny Face, Shadowlands)
MONTGOMERY GLENN
(Castle of Blood, The Puma-Man, Star Odyssey)
TERESA FITZGERALD
(Class of Iron, The Giants of Thessaly)

Directed by
ROBERT HAMPTON
(Lust of the Vampire, The Ghost, The Witch’s Curse)

YEAR: 1964
GENRE: HORROR
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 77 mins
ASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR

From director Robert Hampton, (Lust Of The Vampire) comes The Horrible Dr. Hichcock (L’orrible segreto del Dr. Hichcock), the twisted and terrifying tale of Dr. Bernard Hichcock (Robert Flemyng, The Quiller Memorandum) whose secret desires and perverse passions lead to the death of his wife, Margaret (Teresa Fitzgerald, Class of Iron).

Remarrying years later, the doctor’s new bride Cynthia (Barbara Steele, Pit and the Pendulum) is unaware that her husband intends to use her blood to reanimate the corpse of his dearly departed Margaret.

75420d5c-2488-44ae-8418-8b22b4a319fd.jpg
830e2a47-84ac-458a-b303-efcdd51292bb.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!
US+CANADA

COMMANDO CODY DVD
CAT: OF1267
UPC: 887090126717

COMMANDO CODY BD
CAT: OF1268
UPC: 887090126816
COMMANDO CODY: SKY MARSHAL OF THE UNIVERSE

JUDD HOLDREN
(Captain Video, Master of the Stratosphere; The Buccaneer; This Is My Love)
ALINE TOWNE
(Radar Men from the Moon, Send Me No Flowers, The Steel Trap)
WILLIAM SCHALLERT
(TV’s The Patty Duke Show, In the Heat of the Night, Innerspace)
GREGORY GAYE
(Flying Disc Man from Mars, Ninotchka, The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer)
RICHARD CRANE
(The Eternal Sea, Woman They Almost Lynched, Man in the Saddle)
LYLE TALBOT
(Plan 9 from Outer Space, TV’s The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet)

Directed by
FRED C. BRANNON (The Invisible Monster, The Crimson Ghost)
HARRY KELLER (Tammy and the Doctor)
FRANKLIN ADREON (Panther Girl of the Kongo)

The prolific Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe producer (as well as the director of several episodes) Franklin Adreon, would helm a number of the highly popular and entertaining Republic Pictures theatrical serials including The Invisible Monster and Radar Men from The Moon.

YEAR: 1955
GENRE: ACTION / ADVENTURE
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 360 mins
ASPECT RATIO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; B&W

Commando Cody, the venerable Sky Marshal of the Universe (Judd Holdren, Captain Video, Master of the Stratosphere), along with trusted aids Joan Gilbert (Aline Towne, Radar Men from the Moon) and Ted Richards (William Schallert, TV’s The Patty Duke Show) and later joined by Dick Preston (Richard Crane, The Eternal Sea), must foil the various schemes of The Ruler (Gregory Gay, Flying Disc Man from Mars), an evil alien life form hell-bent on taking over Earth.

All twelve pulse-pounding episodes of Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (including Enemies of the Universe, Nightmare Typhoon, Robot Monster from Mars and the exciting final installment, Captives of the Zero Hour), directed by Fred C. Brannon (The Invisible Monster, The Crimson Ghost), Harry Keller (Tammy and the Doctor) and Franklin Adreon (Panther Girl of the Kongo) are now available for your home viewing enjoyment in one exciting package.

Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe also features Craig Kelly (The Furies), Dale Van Sickel (Johnny Reno), Gloria Pall (The Crimson Kimino), and William Henry (Secret of the Incas).
1eac3ca1-ee5d-4a4a-aa1b-c25f853d73e3.jpg
4583d997-bc29-41ec-bd62-fa7d75cebaac.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
DVD & BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

THE CAPTIVE DVD
CAT: OF1269
UPC: 887090126915

THE CAPTIVE BD
CAT: OF1270
UPC: 887090127011

THE CAPTIVE

BLANCHE SWEET
(The Woman in White, Anna Christie, The Lonedale Operator)
HOUSE PETERS
(Prisoners of the Storm, Raffles, Silk Husbands and Calico Wives)
PAGE PETERS
(Davy Crockett, An International Marriage)
THEODORE ROBERTS
(The Ten Commandments, The Masks of the Devil, Male and Female)
GERALD WARD
(The Clown, The Warrens of Virginia, The Fighting Hope)

Directed by
CECIL B. DEMILLE
(The Ten Commandments, The Buccaneer, The Greatest Show on Earth)

Cecil B. DeMille’s silent era drama, The Captive, which might have been lost to posterity, was located in the Paramount Pictures vaults and restored (featuring a newly composed score) for future generations to enjoy.

YEAR: 1915
GENRE: DRAMA
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH Intertitles
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 50 mins
ASPECT RATIO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; B&W

Cecil B. DeMille’s thought-to-be-lost 1915 silent film The Captive, is a found treasure. Set during the Balkan Wars, The Captive tells the story of Sonia (Blanche Sweet, The Woman in White), a young woman living in Montenegro and left to care for her younger brother Milos (Gerald Ward, The Warrens of Virginia) and the family farm when older brother Marko (Page Peters, Davy Crockett) goes off to battle. Unable to handle the day-to-day tasks following her brother’s tragic death, help comes in the form of Mahmud Hassan (House Peters, Prisoners of the Storm) a captured Turk nobleman now a prisoner of war. Tasked with helping Sonia, their initial frosty relationship soon melts into love. As the war rages on Sonia, Mahmud and Milos will face near-insurmountable obstacles in their quest for a better life amidst the hell of war.

Directed by Cecil B. DeMille (The Ten Commandments, The Buccaneer) from a screenplay written by DeMille and Jeanie Macpherson (based on her play), the wartime romantic drama The Captive features supporting performances by Jeanie Macpherson (The Girl of the Golden West), Theodore Roberts (The Ten Commandments), William Elmer (The Devil and Miss Jones) and features a musical score newly composed by Lucy Duke.

90ec9408-9dc4-4b38-9a10-896fd5851733.jpg
985f9675-b728-4c6d-a1af-abe533819fb9.jpg

US+CANADA

JEKYLL AND HYDE… TOGETHER AGAIN DVD
CAT: OF1263
UPC: 887090126311

JEKYLL AND HYDE… TOGETHER AGAIN BD
CAT: OF1264
UPC: 887090126410
JEKYLL AND HYDE… TOGETHER AGAIN

MARK BLANKFIELD
(Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, TV’s Fridays)
BESS ARMSTRONG
(The Four Seasons, High Road to China, Pecker)
TIM THOMERSON
(Near Dark, Fade to Black, The Wrong Guys)
KRISTA ERRICKSON
(Little Darlings, Mortal Passions, The Paper Boy)

Directed by
JERRY BELSON
(Surrender, TV’s The Odd Couple, TV’s Mary Tyler Moore)

Of the more than thirty screen adaptations of the Robert Louis Stevenson tale, the Jerry Belson directed Jekyll and Hyde … Together Again is closest in spirit to The Nutty Professor, a Jekyll and Hyde inspired tale directed by and starring another Jerry … Jerry Lewis.

YEAR: 1982
GENRE: COMEDY
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 87 mins
RATING: R
ASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR

The Robert Louis Stevenson classic is turned on its ear, or in this case its funny bone, in the Jerry Belson (TV’s The Odd Couple) directed Jekyll and Hyde … Together Again. While researching a drug that would make surgeries obsolete, Dr. Daniel Jekyll (Mark Blankfield, Robin Hood: Men in Tights) inadvertently discovers a substance that unleashes the animal that lives inside every man. Using himself as a guinea pig, Jekyll reverts from his shy, self-effacing, serious self to the hyper-sexual, party-‘till-you-drop alter ego, Mr. Hyde.

Jekyll and Hyde … Together Again, written for the screen by Monica Johnson, Harvey Miller, Jerry Belson and Michael Leeson, co-stars Bess Armstrong (High Road to China) as Mary, Jekyll’s loving fiancée; Krista Errickson (Little Darlings) as Ivy, Hyde’s lusty paramour; and Tim Thomerson (Near Dark) as Jekyll’s smarmy colleague Dr. Knute Lanyon.

facfccaf-3362-4b81-be50-47725e9bbe24.jpg
a1e0665e-3b9a-49d1-a793-a60da7267c30.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
DVD & BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

MANKILLERS DVD
CAT: ME032
UPC: 887090703208

MANKILLERS BD
CAT: ME033
UPC: 887090703307
MANKILLERS

EDD BYRNES
(TV’s 77 Sunset Strip, Grease, Troop Beverly Hills)
GAIL FISHER
(TV’s Mannix, TV’s General Hospital)
EDY WILLIAMS
(The Naked Kiss, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls)
LYNDA ALDON
(Doctor Detroit, The Wizard of Speed and Time)
WILLIAM ZIPP
(Deadly Prey, Future Force, Order of the Eagle)
SUZANNE TEGMANN
(Death Chase, Illusions, Night Ripper!)
CHRISTINE LUNDE
(Young Rebels, The Masque of the Red Death)

Directed by
DAVID A. PRIOR
(Deadly Prey, Deadliest Prey, Relentless Justice)

YEAR: 1987
GENRE: ACTION
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 84 mins
ASPECT RATIO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR

A female homage to The Dirty Dozen, Mankillersfeatures a rag tag group of bottom feeders —murderers, thieves and other assorted miscreants — who, unless they coalesce into a lean, mean fighting machine to stop a rogue agent and the drug cartel that employs him, have the option of a prison cell or the electric chair. It’s wall-to-wall action and adventure in Mankillers.

Directed and written by David A. Prior (Deadly Prey, Killer Workout), Mankillers stars Edd Byrnes (TV’s 77 Sunset Strip), Gail Fisher (TV’s Mannix), Edy Williams (The Naked Kiss), Lynda Aldon (Doctor Detroit), William Zipp (Deadly Prey), Christine Lunde (The Masque of the Red Death) and Suzanne Tegmann (Death Chase).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm probably in for Yours, Mine and Ours - been wanting to watch that lately, I can probably hold out until the new Blu-ray comes out. Cool news.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Yours, Mine and Ours in its correct aspect ratio AND a rare DeMille film? Good God, yes! :dance:

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Monster of Piedras Blancas...A Guilty pleasure. Always liked the film since I saw the stills in Famous Monsters Magazine.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
After reading about serious issues with the master for Monster Of Piedras Blancas I gave up on ever seeing it on legitimate DVD or Blu-ray .
But this is great news , now I can use the crappy DVD I got on Ebay as a coaster !!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
All in for Piedras Blancas; looking forward to the reviews (and screen caps) on Dr. Hitchcock as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks