What's new

Calendar Not Sending Email Invites (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This has been going on for a week. I would invite my wife to an appointment and she never gets the email. She has checked both on gmail online and in her Apple Outlook for the places emails to filtered to like spam and junk and the email would not be there.

This morning I setup an appointment, invited Stacy and one of my email addresses to the appointment. I'm now convinced Calendar is not sending the invites. I used Mail on my phone to send a test mail to myself and I got that. It's just Calendar that's not sending mail.

I've looked in settings and I don't see any setting that would cause this. Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, I'm doing this all on my phone but if I setup an appointment on my iMac the same thing happens. No email is sent.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've done some experimenting. Keep in mind that until about a couple weeks ago, when I added an invite to Stacy in Calendar, it sent her an email with an attachment. She would click on it and it would add it to her Outlook calendar. What has changed is that Stacy has now using an iMac but we have Office 16 for the Mac on it and she wants to use the Outlook calendar. We set her up with her own iCloud account.

Now if I setup an invite and give the gmail address we've always used, no invite is sent. I then tried setting up an invite using her iCloud email address. That works to an extent. The invite goes to the Apple Calendar inbox where it can be accepted on to iCal but there's no way to get Calendar to send the invite so that it goes into her email inbox. If it did, she could read it via Outlook and accept it onto her Outlook calendar.

I don't think Apple and Microsoft like each other.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Set up a shared calendar. Add an event to the calendar, it will show on her calendar with a new-meeting notice as well. Simpler than emailed invitations.

Oh, never mind. Your wife is choosing to use Outlook instead. I can't help with that. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
She is using the Apple Calendar now. When I setup an appointment with her, I send her an email from Calendar using her Cloud email. She then has the invite in her Calendar app and when she processes it, she now has the appointment.

We'll have to talk to see if we want a shared calendar.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Right. Why send invitations when you can simply have a shared calendar? The invitation is automatic with event creation. And changes to the event -- time, location, etc. -- are updated to users automatically.

For a friend, sure I send the infrequent invitation to a lunch. But my wife? Multiple shared calendars so she sees my business travel, and our social calendar is on my calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks