What's new

Circus of Fear / Seven Golden Dragons (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Last night I screened Circus of Fear (haven't had a chance to watch Five Golden Dragons yet). Wow! What a fantastic transfer! The liner notes say that this film was distributed in the US in B&W with over 20 minutes cut. You would never know it from the beautiful color and perfect print quality in this blu-ray. Super sharp and great flesh tones and shadow detail. The dialogue is a little bit distorted, but since the music is so clear and full, that must be how the on set sound was recorded. It really doesn't matter because all the dialogue is discernible.

The film is at its core an armored car heist picture with a circus hideout added for color. Lots of great footage of elephants and lions. In fact, one brawl breaks out right in front of the elephants marching around the ring, and all hell breaks loose. Christopher Lee can even put across a powerful performance with a sack over his head! I really liked the James Mason-esque police inspector too.

This is one of the best looking blu-rays I've seen in a while, and if Seven Golden Dragons is as good as Circus of Fear, this disc is a drop dead bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks