Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

The Panic in Needle Park Blu-ray Review

panicneedleparktop-150x150.jpg

Admirers of fine acting and its trenchant attention to the details of drug addiction will find much to savor in Jerry Schatzberg’s The Panic in Needle Park.

[review]
Continue reading the original article.

Reactions: PMF

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I'll share that Kritzerland recently released an unused score for this film by Ned Rorem - a composer I am unfamiliar with, but the samples prove this to be an unsung gem that warrants picking up (for those that love movie scores).

http://www.kritzerland.com/panic_needle.htm

Reactions: PMF

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
And now go purchase his Diaries as well to get a rounded portrait of the artist. The several volumes are all gems, as are his symphonies, his vocal works, etc.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Just got my copy of "Panic".
Its altogether uncanny just how much Pacino looked like William Holden.:lol:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Based on only three Posts, I am also inspired to check out Ned Rorem's works; and, down the road when time allows, go so far as to delve into his diaries, as well. Already, "Panic in Needle Park" was a sale for me; due to this early Al Pacino performance. But this newer offering from TT became an even stronger interest, due to the conversations about this omitted score. A real bonus - if not coup - that makes this edition feel like a two-for-one steal. Thank you Neil Middlemiss, haineshisway and bujaki for these added leads and further ways to enjoying this title and composer.:thumbs-up-smiley:

P.S. It seems that no one got my play on words and TT output, as I was jokingly referring to "Picnic".;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks