What's new

The Legend of Tarzan (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Is arguably one of the worst films I have ever seen in a theater; I was able to watch on a free pass, and I had flashbacks to being a kid. As a young kid, I ran a paper route (woo! when do you hear that anymore).. and we received free tickets. The movie I was able to see then was Howard the Duck.

I was in High School.
I was not amused.

Tarzan isn't quite that bad; but it is bad. Great special effects and.. just BORING.

Save your money.

D+

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Rats. I was hoping the reviews were wrong. Boring is about the worst thing a movie can be.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
An acceptable telling of a classical jungle adventure that could have used another clean rewrite to make it all snap together more engagingly. This is the type of movie that is destined to get a lot of passive views on basic cable channels for years down the road. 6/10

John Houston

Agent
Real Name
John
Is arguably one of the worst films I have ever seen in a theater; I was able to watch on a free pass, and I had flashbacks to being a kid. As a young kid, I ran a paper route (woo! when do you hear that anymore).. and we received free tickets. The movie I was able to see then was Howard the Duck.

I was in High School.
I was not amused.

Tarzan isn't quite that bad; but it is bad. Great special effects and.. just BORING.

Save your money.

D+

It's a...BOMB!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tarzan2016.htm

$300M in production and ad budgets, it's a flop.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It's a...BOMB!

It still needs to open in most international countries this weekend. It'll probably just break even in the end, or come in a tad under that. Considering its one of the leftover productions from the studio's 2014-2015 low points, it could be doing a lot worse, such as how Pan didn't even come close to breaking even.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
All I know is I saw it, and I enjoyed it.

As someone who has read the original 24 books, I found it faithful to his character.

I also appreciated that, although there were flashbacks, it wasn't yet another 'origin' story, but a proper adventure,

And the flashbacks were incidents from the original novel
(except for the Jane's backstory/1st meeting)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

As someone who has read the original 24 books, I found it faithful to his character.

I also appreciated that, although there were flashbacks, it wasn't yet another 'origin' story, but a proper adventure,

Same here, I actually had a good time watching it. You want to talk about seeing one of the worst films in a movie theater then I suggest watching Tarzan, the Ape Man which unfortunately, I did 35 years ago. This current film is a much more entertaining film.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I'd give it a C- since just being boring (and lord was this movie a slog) isn't enough for me. By comparison, Fant4stic last year was both boring and flat out idiotic.

John Houston

Agent
Real Name
John

In the books does he actually take-on a gorilla, something (in real-life) with 10-15 TIMES the strength of a strong human?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's a...BOMB!

Umm......not a bomb actually.

From boxofficeguru

"
The big-budget adventure film The Legend of Tarzan held up well in its second swing and stayed in the number two spot with an estimated $20.6M. Off a reasonable 47% from the Friday-to-Sunday portion of last week's holiday opening, the Warner Bros. release has banked a solid $81.4M to date. A healthy domestic final of $140-150M may result. The global total is $135.4M with a handful of major markets still to open including China next week on July 19.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I saw it today and thought it was great. Way better than the reviews have led to believe. Not boring for a minute. Great cinematography, music and action. All the leads were good especially Skarsgard as Tarzan. One if the better films of the summer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks