What's new

Scream Factory new titles (Dead Ringers, Rabid, Black Christmas, Willard, Ben, Poltergeist 2 + 3...) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At Comic Con, Scream Factory announced a bunch of new titles for the rest of this and next year.

***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT OF 13 UPCOMING TITLES!***

We just revealed the following upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray releases at our Comic Con panel this evening. Here's the exciting line-up:

1. BUBBA HO-TEP (2002) (Collector’s Edition) – Stars Bruce Campbell and directed by Don Coscarelli.

2 WILLARD (1971) – The rare 70s rat-revenge film is (finally) coming to DVD & Blu-ray!

3. BEN (1972) – The sequel to Willard.

4. BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974) (Collector’s Edition) – The original slasher classic!

5. POLTERGEIST II (1986) (Collector’s Edition)– “They’re Back!”

6. POLTERGEIST III (1988) (Collector’s Edition) – “They’ve Found Her!”

7. DREAMSCAPE (1984) (Collector’s Edition) – The fantasy cult classic starring Dennis Quaid and Kate Capshaw.

8. RABID (1977) (Collector’s Edition) – The early Cronenberg classic!

9. DEAD RINGERS (1988) (Collector’s Editon) – Another Cronenberg favorite. Stars Jeremy Irons.

10 & 11. SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE II (1987) & III (1990) double feature. – You asked for it (a lot) so make sure to buy it! :)

12. THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED (1970- Rare AIP early “slasher” film!

13. DEAD OF WINTER (1987) – Chilling thriller starring Mary Steenburgen and the late great Roddy McDowell.

We have no other details to report on this time. Expect though that some of these will be begin releasing in November.
We hope you are as excited as we are about these. Which ones are you looking forward to this most???
https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...3961936407493/808138849323128/?type=3&theater

I'll probably pick up most of these but I'm definitely looking forward to Rabid and Dead Ringers.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
They must be reading my mind: I was just looking at Amazon this morning to see if Dreamscape was available on Blu-ray! I'd say I'm in for at least 9 of these 13. Dead of Winter is a great little thriller. It's not listed as a "collector's edition," but even a bare bones release of that one will be welcome.

Now, if only Warner would allow Shout! to do a proper special edition of the original Poltergeist...

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Now, if only Warner would allow Shout! to do a proper special edition of the original Poltergeist...

I rather Poltergeist go to Criterion, the original feels right to be part of their collection.

I would also like to see Shout/Scream do Salem's Lot with both the original mini-series and theatrical European lengths.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I rather Poltergeist go to Criterion, the original feels right to be part of their collection.
Feels more like a Scream Factory title to me, but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a Criterion edition.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately, I would never count on this. We're pretty much all aware here that certain "political" factors will very likely preclude a special edition release for the long foreseeable future. Although it may be interesting if the CEs they're planning for 2 and 3 shoehorn any tidbits from the original into the special features. Especially since 2 involves most of the main cast and writers of the original.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was hoping Criterion would get the Cronenberg films since they did SCANNERS but I'll take what I can get. Thumbs held Scream do a good job.

Dreamscape is a fave of mine, I'll upgrade my DVD on that one.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I would also like to see Shout/Scream do Salem's Lot with both the original mini-series and theatrical European lengths.

You're a mind-reader! This is probably my most hoped-for BD release at the moment. Pretty sure Hooper, Soul and others would be willing to do some interviews...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You're a mind-reader! This is probably my most hoped-for BD release at the moment. Pretty sure Hooper, Soul and others would be willing to do some interviews...
This has been rumored as coming later this year from Warner Archive for a few months now.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
It will be great to have WILLARD even as a barebones release. But I recall thinking for years that it would have been possible to have Bruce Davison and Ernest Borgnine offer up memories, if not a full audio commentary. Ernie has left us, but Bruce is here.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
In his autobiography Ernie, Borgnine recalled that being covered with live rats was creepy as hell - even though they were trained. The trainer of the rodents had to cover Borgnine in peanut butter to get the rats to attack him. He recalled that one of the rats actually bit him and he had to get a tetanus shot - he said he thought the rat had to get a shot too.:laugh:

For months after the film was made he said he had terrible nightmares about being attacked by rats, and said he woke up screaming in the night more than once.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Unfortunately, I would never count on this. We're pretty much all aware here that certain "political" factors will very likely preclude a special edition release for the long foreseeable future. Although it may be interesting if the CEs they're planning for 2 and 3 shoehorn any tidbits from the original into the special features. Especially since 2 involves most of the main cast and writers of the original.
I guess not all of us are aware of the factors, because I'm not. I was not aware that Poltergeist was considered a controversial film. I just think it's a damned good ghost story.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess not all of us are aware of the factors, because I'm not. I was not aware that Poltergeist was considered a controversial film. I just think it's a damned good ghost story.
The controversy or debate is over who actually directed the movie. Rumor has it that Steven Spielberg- forgive the pun- ghost directed the movie for Tobe Hooper. Spielberg completely denies that. Personally, I think Spielberg helped out when needed or he made suggestions that Hooper definitely followed (Hooper would have been stupid to not listen to Spielberg since he had lots of experience with special effects and Hooper had none) but overall, Hooper has been robbed of credit by fans.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've held off for a long time picking up the Australian blu of Dead Ringers because first it is supposedly not a very good transfer and second I thought we would eventually get it from Criterion...which always seemed the most likely landing spot for it. I figured the long delay over it coming out was the fact that the version that exists and is available in HD is pretty poor and it would need a new scan from better elements using more modern technology...so this version from Shout will be a definite purchase for me but I wonder if this is a new and improved HD scan of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks