What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Allegiant -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There may be something wrong with me, but I'm actually beginning to enjoy the Divergent series. Rather than getting worse, things seem to be more entertaining...

as long as one places oneself firmly in a YA mindset.

Not an unreasonable thing to ask.

The interesting thing about Lionsgate's (Summit) release of the third installment, is that there is an appreciable uptick in quality from the first two, based upon the fact that the film was finished as a 4k DI.

And it really shows, especially in long shots.

As I was watching it, I began taking a bit more note of the film's lead, Shailene Woodley, who began reminding me, in certain ways of an earlier actress, considered "moldable" by her director.

While it's probably easiest to compare Ms Woodley's work to that of Jennifer Lawrence, both basically the same age (Shailene a year younger, at 24), both tall, with Ms Lawrence an inch taller. Both finding success in YA series.

I'm making the comparison to another actress, who also found fame while in her 20s, and may be best known for a very "moldable" dual role that she played in 1957, at the age of 24.

Kim Novak.

I'm neither comparing looks or talent, but the basic comparison is interesting.

But that's not why you stopped in on this thread.

Let's talk about image and audio.

4k, UHD, HDR, with rich blacks, and good shadow detail, all the requisites of a shoot with an Alexa 65.

Audio, in Dolby Atmos, is fully enveloping.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Ray0414

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray
I enjoyed the sharpness and clean look and deep looking textures that true 4k offers. A breath of fresh air after recently watching the disappointing Batman Vs Superman which is 85% upscaled for its 4k Di.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks