What's new

Subwoofer pops, at my house only (1 Viewer)

ProjectSunlight

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I recently started having an issue where my subwoofer pops randomly, but only at my house. The volume does not have to be very high, it does it through its full range. The subwoofer will pop within seconds of playing, so it's not something theat is heat related. Prior to realizing that it only pops at my house I changed all the cables and brought it back to the dealer where they tested it for a few days without an issue. I tested it at two other houses without an issue. I have 118V, good grounds, tried it on all my outlets and circuits, with and without a surge protector (which has level two line conditioning). I'm really really confused, no other equipment experiences anything unusual. Sub is only 6 months old. Any thoughts?

djc11369

Agent
Real Name
Darrin
Are you using the same receiver that's sending the signal through all your tests at home? A number of receivers have more than one sub out connection, did you try the other one if it does?

ProjectSunlight

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I have tried many different inputs. The receiver actually only has one output for a subwoofer, a miniplug which splits into two RCA's at the subwoofer. I have plugged this directly into other sources such as my phone, a Fiio, and an iPod. Playing a variety of song formats at different levels. In never pops in the same spot during a song, so the file is not corrupt.
I do have a line conditioner, a "lesser" name brand. I'm wondering now if that isn't doing what it is supposed to do. Still not sure what would have changed to cause the popping though, since I did not have a line conditioner when I first bought the subwoofer. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks