What's new

A PEEK AT THE RUSSIA HOUSE (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
For whatever reasons, I remember seeing this when it came out and really hating it. So, I was anxious to revisit it on Blu-ray to see if I still felt like that. About fifteen minutes in I came to the amusing realization that I had never ever seen this film - all these years I must have mixed it up with some other film.

Well, it's terrific, just great storytelling from author John le Carre and screenwriter Tom Stoppard, and simple and beautiful direction by Fred Schepisi. It's gorgeously photographed, has a wonderful Jerry Goldsmith score, and great performances from the entire cast. Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer are wonderful, James Fox and Roy Scheider are great pros, and how delightful to have director Ken Russell playing a role and playing it very mischievously. I was hooked from start to finish.

I found the transfer to be absolutely beautiful looking and sounding, so if you like these types of films, this is a very easy purchase.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, I loved this film. The kind of wonderful film for grown-ups that only comes along once and a while. Have not yet seen the new blu-ray but I'm looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks