What's new

THE TUNNEL (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
If you love mystery, suspense with a little bit of action you will really enjoy The Tunnel. A French Police woman is found dead in a service Tunnel serving the main Tunnel laying on the border line separating France and England. This murder brings together French and English investigators who in the beginning don't work well together because of their cultural differences. The Tunnel stars Stephen Dillane from Game of Thrones and Clemence Poesy from Harry Potter.

Season 1 can be pre-ordered from US Sellers or purchased at a lesser price from Amazon.uk. Season 2 is also available from Amazon.uk but only on DVD. It could be the US Distributor purchased the Blu-ray rights like Cinemax did for Strike Back.

The Blu-ray I purchased form Amazon'uk is Tunnel.jpg Region-Free.

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
If you love mystery, suspense with a little bit of action you will really enjoy The Tunnel.

The Blu-ray I purchased form Amazon'uk is View attachment 32850 Region-Free.

This is a remake of the Danish/Swedish coproduction BRON/BROEN (THE BRIDGE), and the Brits did an outstanding job with the project. An American version of THE BRIDGE set on the Mexico/USA border was decent, but not quite as spell-binding as the British and Scandinavian titles.

THE TUNNEL is currently showing on PBS, but there is a lot of *bleeping* in the audio and the subtitles to protect our American sensibilities. Also substantial blurring during autopsies, etc.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There was also a Canadian version with the same scenario. This is getting to be a pretty tired premise. Pass.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
THE TUNNEL is currently showing on PBS, but there is a lot of *bleeping* in the audio and the subtitles to protect our American sensibilities. Also substantial blurring during autopsies, etc.

The swear word censoring in the first couple of episodes (the only ones I've watched so far) was very distracting and kept pulling me out of the story.

Makes one nostalgic for the old days, when PBS didn't feel the need to censor their imported programming (or at least, to this degree). Seems to have gotten worse post-Janet Jackson/Superbowl.

One would hope the US blu-ray will be uncut. The fact it's on PBS's own video label makes one wonder, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks