What's new

Audio Issue With Denon AVR-2312CI and Xfinity RNG-150N (1 Viewer)

jbdman

Auditioning
Real Name
Joshua DeLutis
I have correctly connected my cable box and BD player to the Denon Receiver, and I have yet to hear any audio out of my speakers. I am able to get audio out of the TV when I set the receiver to output audio through the TV. When I connect the BD player to the cable input and the cable box to the BD input, the BD still functions, and the Cable Box audio still doesn't function. I am able to get video perfectly fine.

I contacted the nice folks at Denon support. They told me to contact Comcast for a cable box that supports bitstream audio, though the box I have supports PCM and so does the receiver.

I am currently contacting Comcast and will update this thread.

Thanks,
Josh

PS: Could this be caused by a grounding issue? I have noticed that it may be a grounding issue, and will test it soon.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Joshua welcome to the forum :welcome: Let's see if we can figure this out.

If you tried plugging in the HDMI (assuming that's what you're using) to another input and it's still not working It's seems like a setting on the cable box is off. Can you confirm that the audio is being output over the HDMI? If you plug the cable box into the TV do you get audio over the built in speakers? You can also see if there's a setting that may switch it from the HDMI to the optical output. Confirm that setting if its there. Going down that road what happens if you try to use an optical cable from the cable box to the AVR? Does that work? Try it and let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks