What's new

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so that other site in the forum postings is saying that Amazon CA has this listed for an Oct release.

:D waiting on Ron for the conformation, this becomes an instant pre-order

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
One of favorite movies when i was a kid . Have the dvd and still enjoy watching it . I hope a bluray is coming .

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
so that other site in the forum postings is saying that Amazon CA has this listed for an Oct release.

:D waiting on Ron for the conformation, this becomes an instant pre-order
Amazon.ca does indeed have it listed for pre-order for an October 4th release...my guess is we'll see a Amazon US listing before long. And this blu-ray WILL BE MINE!!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Happy to hear this announced but also dissapointed. With all the blu ray sets universal has been doing recently I was really hoping for a Don Knotts set with all 5 movies he did for Universal. Not sure I want to buy them all again individually. But a nicely priced set would have been a no brainer.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Happy to hear this announced but also dissapointed. With all the blu ray sets universal has been doing recently I was really hoping for a Don Knotts set with all 5 movies he did for Universal. Not sure I want to buy them all again individually. But a nicely priced set would have been a no brainer.

My feelings exactly.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Heya Frank! Good to see you here!

I'll let you guys know when it goes up on Amazon U.S.

Some of you usually beat me to the punch, though.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is great news!

I do agree, I would love to see a box set of the five Don Knott films in blu-ray, but individually or in a set, I will be purchasing them.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I wonder if this is a Universal release or licensed out to a company who may do some bonus features. Would love a proper Special Edition for this movie. It's one of my all-time favorites!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I love it because it plays like an alternate universe episode of The Andy Griffith Show. The writers were two of that show's writers, James Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum, and Don even wears the famous salt & pepper suit he wore so many times as Barney Fife. Seeing a few of the actors who played the citizens of Mayberry show up in the cast is fun, too. It's far-and-away Knotts' best film he made for Universal. I'd love to have the others as well, though.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I love it for the great assortment of wonderful character people who all get wonderful little bits:

Reta Shaw, James Millhollin, Sandra Gould, George Chandler, Charles Lane, Phil Ober, Lurene Tuttle, Jesslyn Fax, Nydia Westman, Ellen Corby, Skip Homeier, Dick Sargent, Hope Sommers, Hal Smith, Eddie Quillan and on and on. Where are all those wonderful character types today?

And the script has so many quotable lines:

"... And they used Bon-Ami!"
"Heggs, just who do you think you are?!" -- "Drop dead, that's who!"
"I was watching Lawrence Welk and I heard 'Bang!' right on the head."
"My wife came home and vibrated for a month!"

It's one of my favorite comedies of the sixties, easily Knotts' best on the big screen.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I agree. I caught up with The Love God a few years back and it was hilarious.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
A friend of mine and I got a chance to meet Don Knotts, and my friend asked him why he left the Andy Griffith Show when he had such a wonderful cast around him and things were going so well. Knotts was honest. He said, "My management was telling me that I was wasting my time in TV... that I could be the next Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis in feature films. By the time I realized that they were wrong, it was too late to go back. I always liked working in TV better."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A friend of mine and I got a chance to meet Don Knotts, and my friend asked him why he left the Andy Griffith Show when he had such a wonderful cast around him and things were going so well. Knotts was honest. He said, "My management was telling me that I was wasting my time in TV... that I could be the next Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis in feature films. By the time I realized that they were wrong, it was too late to go back. I always liked working in TV better."

Thanks for sharing that story. Interesting read. Sad for Knotts.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for sharing that story. Interesting read. Sad for Knotts.

He had a brief resurgence as Mr Furley

latest

on Three's Company after Norman Fell left to do the spinoff The Ropers

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Haha! Another funny story. At the same event where I met Knotts, Norman Fell was a guest too. Knotts had a line around the block for people to meet him and get his autograph. Fell was sitting there with no one. I overheard him say "I'm the REAL Mr Roper... Why do people want to see THAT guy!" The same day, I overheard Steve Allen say some very rude things about his fans. Celebrities have trouble holding it together in public sometimes.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Haha! Another funny story. At the same event where I met Knotts, Norman Fell was a guest too. Knotts had a line around the block for people to meet him and get his autograph. Fell was sitting there with no one. I overheard him say "I'm the REAL Mr Roper... Why do people want to see THAT guy!" The same day, I overheard Steve Allen say some very rude things about his fans. Celebrities have trouble holding it together in public sometimes.
I bet Norman was upset that Don Knotts replaced him and Audra Lindley. He never really got over the fact that the producers didn't allow him to return when the spin-off failed. But you can't blame Knotts for stepping into the role. Someone had to. And it was a success for Knotts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks