What's new

The Rocketeer takes flight again! (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Some twenty years on now, The Rocketeer gets a sequel!

Apparently this new movie takes place six years after the original film. The first Rocketeer has disappeared fighting the Nazis, so an unlikely pilot takes up the mantle and battles the scientists who are trying to mass produce the rocket technology for the enemy.

Writers Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are penning the script and it’s being produced by Brigham Taylor (The Jungle Book) and, weirdly, athletes Blake Griffin of the L.A. Clippers and Ryan Kalil of the Carolina Panthers.

I would love to see Joe Johnston come back as director. As proven with the original and with the first Captain America, He does pulp 40s adventure well! Sadly no James Horner to do another awesome soundtrack - for my money, the Rocketeer was his best score ever.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see it happening. Hopefully, they'll get Campbell for a cameo or supporting part.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Maybe? I've not seen the Natural and I havent seen the Right Stuff in like 25 years. But it sounds like this:

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I like that this will be a sequel and not a reboot. I enjoyed the '91 movie and the jet pack wearing heroes from the serials from the 50s, glad we'll be getting more.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I just watched the 1991 ROCKETEER, last night again for the first time in a long time. What fun movie, and what a homage to the Rocketman serials, Hollywoodland, music, Rhondo Hatton, early aviation, and pinup-girls. I wonder if the new Rocketeer movie will have any of those elements? Or will it be overly serious and dark?

I don't suppose the new Lady Rocketeer will be wearing the outfit those Rocketeer cosplay models wear?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks