What's new

Settings for a 3.1 soundbar? (1 Viewer)

AgentGeekSquat

Auditioning
Real Name
scott lawrence
I've have a Vizio sound bar for a few months and it finally occurred I might get a better sound out of it if it I plugged the optical cable directly into to the soundbar from the playstation rather than HDMI to the TV and then then optical out from the TV to the soundbar... Upon doing this I found a bunch of setting I don't know what to do with.

I changed the Primary Output Port to optical instead of HDMI and then it asks you to select the supported input format. Linear PCM 44.1 and 48 kHz are selected automatically and can not be changed, then you also have the option of choosing Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and AAC. If I choose anything with 5.1 then will I be loosing certain sounds that are supposed to go to the rears or with the soundbar be able to figure that out...? Netflix also does this where your only options are either English or English 5.1. Also, under Audio Format (Priority) it gives you the chose of Linear PCM, Bitstream (Dolby) or bitstream (DTS).

This is my soundbar if it helps https://cdn.vizio.com/documents/sb3831c6m/qsg-sb3831c6m.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks