What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon

Weekly RoundUp 8-2-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Rawhide – 1951...
Click here to read the original article.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

Safe Shopping! :D

And thanks for any "likes" for this week's WRU! I mean it when I say each and every one are appreciated and that I am thrilled to put these together each week as a help to the HTF community.

I've spent a lot of money on discs the last few weeks. My wallet is getting a well-deserved rest this week.

I just got a Blu of the Brian Wilson and Friends concert delivered yesterday. (Price just dropped to $14.96 on Amazon!). So, I'll be off getting some Good Vibrations in DTS-MA! :laugh:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
As always, thanks much for the Roundup!

I've had "The Killing Joke" on order for months.
I'm keeping the preorder intact in spite of less-than-stellar reviews.
It'll be worth it to me just to have Mark Hamill portraying the Joker One Last Time!

I have to say, though, that the Target Steelbook looks mighty tempting ...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. Although it's not a Blu-ray, it's probably also worth mentioning that the script book for the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which serves as a sequel to the Deathly Hallows, is being released at midnight between July 30 and 31, and I am getting that tonight as soon as possible.

As far as Blu-rays for Tuesday, I am getting April and the Extraordinary World now, and The Lobster later after a price drop, which I expect to be inevitable sooner than later.

Amazon has kindly dropped the price of April to $19.96, which makes it even easier to recommend as a blind purchase to anyone interested in one of the most creative and fun animated films of the last several years. I saw it twice during its brief theatrical run and can't wait to watch it again on Tuesday.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Kino is releasing a couple of Fox classics this week that I'd love to get my hands on: The Mark of Zorro and Rawhide.

Otherwise, it's a spare week for me.

Thanks, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, not to criticize but you've got the 1956 Invasion in the pics rather than the 1978 one.

Travis, I appreciate the heads up. I hate having misinformation in the RoundUp. Thanks for reporting it and letting others know. I got some PMs about it, too...but have been manning the BBQ at a family event all day/evening!

Off to make it right now! :thumbsup:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Funny thing: Using Amazon, I recently pre-ordered a second copy of April and the Extraordinary World as a gift for someone who does not live near me. I placed this order two days ago and addressed it to be sent to them directly. It shipped out yesterday. My pre-order of the same thing for myself has been standing for two months, and yet it has still not shipped yet. Go figure.

Edit: It shipped now; my confirmation email came in at 3;55pm, but tracking says it was picked up at 5:13am, so it had actually been shipped way earlier than the email came in, but the gift copy shipped even earlier to different part of the country. Both are still arriving tomorrow. Amazon works in mysterious ways, I guess. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks