What's new

Batman: The Complete Series still shipping bad discs (1 Viewer)

HardPanner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Deke
Ugh. Bad DVDs are still out there! Ordered Batman: The Complete Series on DVD directly from Amazon this past week. Received the set yesterday, popped in the first DVD to watch the first episode - where is William Dozier's narration?! So instead of sitting back watching an episode, I pulled out the DVD with 'Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds' episode, went to the end - sure enough, the cooking class scene is missing.

I waited to buy this set because of the issues with some episodes. I really thought that by now - July, 2016 - these sets would be fine.

I found the link to send in the UPC code - I'm hoping the UPC I sent is correct. It was on the loose piece of cardboard that was on the back of the set - I didn't see any other UPC code. Is this the correct one?

Here's the replacement disc link I found - so check your sets.
https://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/

What has been the turnaround for getting replacement discs?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There is already a BATMAN thread going.

My experience has been that rarely are bad sets replaced 100%. The only way to be certain is to just to buy the product (with knowledge of a replacement program) and get the faulty disc(s) replaced.

HardPanner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Deke
There is already a BATMAN thread going.

My experience has been that rarely are bad sets replaced 100%. The only way to be certain is to just to buy the product (with knowledge of a replacement program) and get the faulty disc(s) replaced.

Thanks, @Carabimero - can you point me to the relevant Batman thread?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
From what I've heard, at least most of the individual DVD season sets, along with ALL of the much lower priced Italian Region Free Blu-ray series sets (I've never regretted scooping that up!), already have the replacement discs.

Outside of that, it's probably a crap-shoot.

CHEERS! :)

HardPanner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Deke
Following up: Received replacement discs from Warner Bros in the mail yesterday, so it took just about a month to get them. The discs have the corrected episodes and it is nice to have the additional content on the first DVD. Started a mini-Batmarathon last night. I'm happy!

Ugh. Bad DVDs are still out there! Ordered Batman: The Complete Series on DVD directly from Amazon this past week. Received the set yesterday, popped in the first DVD to watch the first episode - where is William Dozier's narration?! So instead of sitting back watching an episode, I pulled out the DVD with 'Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds' episode, went to the end - sure enough, the cooking class scene is missing.

I waited to buy this set because of the issues with some episodes. I really thought that by now - July, 2016 - these sets would be fine.

I found the link to send in the UPC code - I'm hoping the UPC I sent is correct. It was on the loose piece of cardboard that was on the back of the set - I didn't see any other UPC code. Is this the correct one?

Here's the replacement disc link I found - so check your sets.
https://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/

What has been the turnaround for getting replacement discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks