What's new

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2-Disc Special Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
161103_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So, what...the second POTTER film gets a special edition treatment before SORCEROR'S STONE? And what makes this a special edition? Not much to go on here...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
These are the Target Limited Edition (Blurays were $15.00 per movie at Target- $10 for DVD) 2nd disk is Part X of the making of ...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, what...the second POTTER film gets a special edition treatment before SORCEROR'S STONE? And what makes this a special edition? Not much to go on here...

It didn't really, I'm assuming Ron is doing these one at a time as Amazon gets them online. All 8 movies on Bluray are getting (or got ) simultaneous releases on 7/31 at Target to go along with the release of HP and Cursed Child. It was advertised as a Target US exclusive for 16 days. The DVD were Target only until this week when Walmart apparently got those. I've not heard is WM will get get the BD sooner than Amazon and BBY or not.

There isn't anything new if this release really except for the new slipcovers and case art.
The Blurays get the Movie and associated Bonus disc directly out of the Ultimate and Hogwarts/Wizards package along with Digital copies. HP1 and HP2 disc contain both the Theatrical and Extended releases. if you already have all the Ultimates or the 31 Disc sets, you already have everything contained here except the "Iconic Covers"

The 2 disc DVD sets in addition to a different slipcover ("Moments Editions") apparently get only the Theatrical Movie disc and one of the 2 bonus discs from each UItimate Edition (the bonus disc that contains the Creating the World 8 part Documentary as the main draw)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Only if you buy from Amazon, resign to buying from Amazon "Well I bought Prime so I have to use it" or as long as folks seem to consider Amazon the only place to buy things b/c everything is always cheaper there even when they're 30% more expensive.

BestBuy have their preorders for the same sets up for $12.99ea. As much as I'd like to support the forum by supporting their links
it's starting to get silly.

They're still $15 ea at Target.com and many stores still have the displays. (plus) 5% Redcard discount)

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Only if you buy from Amazon, resign to buying from Amazon "Well I bought Prime so I have to use it" or as long as folks seem to consider Amazon the only place to buy things b/c everything is always cheaper there even when they're 30% more expensive.

BestBuy have their preorders for the same sets up for $12.99ea. As much as I'd like to support the forum by supporting their links
it's starting to get silly.

They're still $15 ea at Target.com and many stores still have the displays. (plus) 5% Redcard discount)
They are still at Target B&M stores ...They've been moved to the video section sales racks I believe it's called "Recently Released" but not it the front where the New Releases are located.....

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They are still at Target B&M stores ...They've been moved to the video section sales racks I believe it's called "Recently Released" but not it the front where the New Releases are located.....

Some stores they are still in stock. What I;m not totally sure if they are selling current merchandise only or if they're going to
continue to restock. Checking the online inventory./brickseek about 1/2 my stores seems to have 6 or more and the other half
seem to be empty

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
My Target had all eight of the movies. So, did Warners bother to fix the video problems for these re-releases, especially movie #7, or are they just the same old, same old?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
There were playback problems with the last two movies; sometimes it was firmware updates that fixed the problems. I believe Warners provided replacement discs. The movies would freeze, or skip frames.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Does anyone know if the "Creating the World of Harry Potter" documentary that was previously exclusive to the big Ultimate Edition box set is included in one of these? I originally purchased the individual Ultimate Editions, so I would like to get that single bonus disc without having to buy the box.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the "Creating the World of Harry Potter" documentary that was previously exclusive to the big Ultimate Edition box set is included in one of these? I originally purchased the individual Ultimate Editions, so I would like to get that single bonus disc without having to buy the box.

This is basically/exactly the same 2 discs that were part of each of the 8 Ult Editions. It does not include the material from the Exclusive Hogwarts/Wizards disc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks