Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

Theatre of Blood Blu-ray Review

theatreobloodtop-1024x576.jpg

With a cunning conceit at its core and a cast of the choicest of character actors, Douglas Hickox’s Theatre of Blood combines the genres of Grand Guignol and black comedy into a timelessly clever concoction.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Thank you for the excellent review Matt. I am really looking forward to seeing this movie again as I have fond memories of it from the 70's.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
In what alternative universe was this movie ever shown in the 1:66 ratio ? 1:66 basically did not exist as a theatrical ratio in the 70's and later in North America (outside of "art' theatres).

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
Am so glad I took a chance on this "unknown-to-me" title when it was first announced. I look forward to relishing it!!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
This film is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I own the DVD and I'm glad to see it released on Blu-ray.

moe green

Grip
Real Name
Jeff
In what alternative universe was this movie ever shown in the 1:66 ratio ? 1:66 basically did not exist as a theatrical ratio in the 70's and later in North America (outside of "art' theatres).
It is listed on IMDB as 1:66 ratio and it looked good on the Arrow Blu-ray I got. I think the U.S. version might have a more interesting commentary because the 2nd audio on the Arrow disc was lame.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The thing I'm most excited about with the release is the isolated score; this film has a wonderful soundtrack, which I don't believe has ever been released as such.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
The commentary on the Arrow edition is by the British comedy group The League of Gentlemen. If you don't know them or their work I can understand finding the track uninteresting. Their shows are inspired by English and American horror films and are both funny and disturbing.

moe green

Grip
Real Name
Jeff
The commentary on the Arrow edition is by the British comedy group The League of Gentlemen. If you don't know them or their work I can understand finding the track uninteresting. Their shows are inspired by English and American horror films and are both funny and disturbing.
When a group of people laugh THAT loudly at there own jokes I tend to tune out. It reminded me of watching the TMZ TV show. Still, I loved the Arrow Blu-ray!

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
When a group of people laugh THAT loudly at there own jokes I tend to tune out. It reminded me of watching the TMZ TV show. Still, I loved the Arrow Blu-ray!

I understand! I turned off the commentary on Dog Soldiers for the same reason. I think the cast were in the pub before hand and laughed loudly at everything, which quickly became intolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks