What's new

New Home Theater HelP (1 Viewer)

Booce PhiliPs

Auditioning
Real Name
booce
Alright so im looking to make my medium sized room SHAKE. Im looking for insane bass and loud audio. Im brand new and all these numbers are confusing me so I came to this forum my budget would be about 800 dollars for the whole thing. OPen to all recomendations.

How big is your room? With that budget I recommend HSU VTF3 MK5.
It's hybrid so you can have it sealed or one or two ports open.

Booce PhiliPs

Auditioning
Real Name
booce
I was talking 800 for a receiver speakers and subwoofer like i said Im new so i don't know if this is an unrealistic number considering i just saw a sub for 800 -_-

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
It depends on the size of your room. However, it will be hard to get an entire system for under $800. As you saw, the HSU VTF3 MK5 is 800 by itself. It is an OUTSTANDING sub and I love mine. However, your best bet might be to start small and upgrade over time. What you could do is look at the BIC America speakers. You could get four of the FH-65B speakers plus the FH6 center for about 450. Add in a BIC Acoustech PL-200 sub for about 300 and you are close to your budget. Best place for these speakers is Acoustic Sound Design. Cool thing about these guys is you can chat with them and make a best offer or get some kind of discount. For your receiver, find one on accessories4less.com that has the features you need. That website also has low cost speakers so look there as well. $800 will be hard to stay under to get a complete system, but not impossible. Good luck!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Booce PhiliPs

Auditioning
Real Name
booce
We may have different definitions of "insane bass" but here's what I would use.
Buy 2 of these - http://stereointegrity.com/product/bhs-24-24-subwoofer/
Buy 2 of these amps to power the subs - http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/245...iAf-Z6TBSsa-nKNwG3vKr0CgcYW9FcGM2IaAlZm8P8HAQ
Build a pair of enclosures each about the size of a kitchen refrigerator. That will be the cheapest since it will only take about 10 sheets of MDF.

What will you be using this system for? Movies, music or both?
Music strictly

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
My apologies, the info I gave you was my thoughts for movie watching. Im not much help with a music set up.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Music only then get a PA system. Pro audio has higher sensitivity but will not play as low as home theater subs.

Go to Musician's Friend site and get the biggest Behringer Eurolive active (has a built in amp) sub that will fit in your room for the bass. And a pair of active (has a built in amp) Behringer Eurolive PA speakers. Will it be accurate? No. Will the bass be insane and the highs be ear splitting loud? Absolutely.

All of this is dependent on the source material. If you are downloading heavily compressed audio from iTunes then it will sound like crap. I had a friend with a DJ system who kept complaining about his audio and even upgraded components a few times. Finally I had him compare a song he was playing from iTunes to one on CD. He started playing better source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks