What's new

Paint or not to paint (1 Viewer)

rosnerdesign

Auditioning
Real Name
eric rosner
Hello,
I'm setting up my first home theatre and I'm going to project onto a wall . My question is, I have a flat white wall now and am wondering if it's worth it to go buy a $50 can of the Sherwin Williams white paint I've read about? It's supposed good for a wall. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
The biggest issue with using a wall is most walls aren't perfectly flat and blemish free. If they were more people would go that route rather than spending the money on a fabric screen. Having said that, if budget constraints keep you from buying a screen then spending a bit more time researching what paint works best within your budget would be prudent. There's plenty of information out there covering this subject.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never heard of using Sherwin Williams. For years, the first paint that comes up is Behr. You can go with their stock Silver Screen or even better a custom mix at Home Depot.

===============
Quart Custom Tint
Behr Ext. ULTRA UPW #4850
0 8 0 Lamp Black
0 1 1 Brown Oxide
0 0 1 Medium Yellow
===============

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Do not paint. The best painted wall can't come close to even a modestly priced screen. Think about it: there are many good reasons why cinemas don't ever project onto walls. If you're serious about home cinema and want optimum performance, you'll do the same. Whether pull-up, pull-down, on a stand or permanently fixed, there's a screen to meet your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks