What's new

Dancing With the Stars Season 23. September 12, 2016 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The new cast was announced today.

Celebrity Notability (known for). Professional partner
Jake T. Austin Actor - Jenna Johnson
Babyface R&B singer-songwriter - Allison Holker
Marilu Henner Actress - Derek Hough
Laurie Hernandez Olympic artistic gymnast - Valentin Chmerkovskiy
James Hinchcliffe Race car driver - Sharna Burgess
Terra Jolé Reality television star - Sasha Farber
Vanilla Ice Rapper - Witney Carson
Calvin Johnson Former NFL wide receiver. - Lindsay Arnold
Jana Kramer Country music singer & actress - Gleb Savchenko
Ryan Lochte Olympic swimmer - Cheryl Burke
Maureen McCormick Actress & author - Artem Chigvintsev
Rick Perry Politician - Emma Slater
Amber Rose Model & actress. - Maksim Chmerkovskiy

I wonder how Cheryl Burke feels about her partner upon her return to the show. Judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba are back and Julianne is back as a judge as well. I guess she has some free time. Surprised Maks is back.

Excuse the cast list, I can't seem to format the layout, had the names separated by rows. Oh well.

Last edited:

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Marilu Henner is this season's ringer - that plus Derek as a partner should put her in the finals. But I think Laurie Hernandez will win it.

Disappointed Karina didn't get a partner this season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Monday Night Football shifted the schedule and the premiere was moved to 5:00pm. I was at work so I didn't see tonight's first show.

The game is at Levi Stadium, a couple of miles literally from where I work.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Sadly, even the DWTS Ballroom is no longer completely safe from lowlife idiots. Thankfully security got to them before any damage was done. It was otherwise a very enjoyable episode 1, with great dances from Laurie Hernandez and James Hinchcliffe, and the nostalgic rush of "Ice, Ice Baby." Looking forward to the rest of the season. Looks like it's Laurie's to lose, and Governor Perry will be the first to go.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched the first episode yet, but read about the issue, glad security stepped in. Looking forward to this season. First time I've watched in probably five years, but Maureen McCormick kind of pulled me into this season. Hope she does well.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Finally got around to viewing episode one.

Who in the heck is Amber Rose? Looks like the woman brought four cantaloupes to the competition. One for each butt cheek and one for each boob. She looks so unnatural and deformed., but some of these women get ridiculously carried away with plastic surgery and implants.

Laurie Hernandez was fantastic and could easily win this.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Amber Rose is a model, believe it or not. I'm not a fan, but DWTS likes these redemption stories of skanky girls learning to be classy ladies through ballroom dance. And with Maks as a partner she will probably be around for awhile.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to watch the premiere. I don't have a TV provider, just OTA. So I can't even watch it via the ABC app, I have to wait a week before I can see it. I did see some clips on Apple TV via the ABC app. Looks like a good start. Saw the news and the clips of the Lochte protestors knocked down by the security guys.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly we get it live on the west coast, maybe a minor time delay for editing profanity, etc., but I wouldn't have even known about the Lochte incident had it not been for this thread and seeing something on MSN. I think I saw the tops of two guys heads run past the judges podium, that was it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Supposedly we get it live on the west coast, maybe a minor time delay for editing profanity, etc., but I wouldn't have even known about the Lochte incident had it not been for this thread and seeing something on MSN. I think I saw the tops of two guys heads run past the judges podium, that was it.

They cut to commercial the instant they realized that something was amiss. I think the camera was on Carrie Ann at the time. They've probably been on edge about that sort of thing since Marie Osmond fainted a few seasons back.

I think Amber Rose is mainly famous for dating more famous celebrities. :)

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Week 2 and the contest is over - Laurie Hernandez is so far ahead of everyone else in the field that they might as well give her the Mirror Ball now.

TV Theme night was fun but should have been more fun. Maureen McCormick dancing to the Brady Bunch theme should have been a special moment, but it was diminished by poor costuming and choreography. Calvin Johnson and James Hinchcliffe have been very pleasant surprises, Derek is doing his usual marvelous job with another talented partner, and Babyface is probably a lock for the finals.

What surprised and disappointed me most was the amount of times that the two idiot protestors from last week were shown. Obviously they were going to acknowledge what happened and even milk it a bit for ratings, but you should NEVER show the lawbreakers' faces on camera again - they deserve none of the attention they so obviously crave.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last nights elimination show was good for me as I wasn't able to see last week's episode and my reception of ABC has recently been mostly pixelation so I couldn't see Monday's show either. It was no surprise Lochte was amongst those in danger. The kid who was voted off I have no idea who he is and didn't get to really see his dancing.

I'm glad the three returning pro's got past an elimination. Cheryl seems to like Lochte. Maybe he's ok, but he can't escape what he did at the Olympics.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I thought the face-offs were a good idea given the limited time they had for an early-season show. Two-hour results show again tonight. I enjoy all the behind-the-scenes footage but this may be pushing it for the casual fan.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Oh, and Jana Kramer - best gams in the ballroom since Stacy Kiebler.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well guys, I don't know about you, but I found this season less then previous seasons. I just didn't feel as engaged. Maybe the show is finally getting old for me. Or it was just the cast. I did stick with it the entire season. Not one dancer really stood out to me. though Laurie has been the strongest dancer, I've been noticing how strong and engaging James Hinchcliffe has been too. Particularly his story from the race crash to his recovery. So I'm leaning to him to win tonight if I had to pick.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I felt that last season, but this season brought me back to some extent. It's still a beautiful, colorful show, and when it focuses on the dancing and not the themes and gimmicks it makes me happy the way few other TV shows do right now. Who knows how much more it's got in the tank, but I know I'll miss it when it goes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Agreed it is a well produced show.

Laurie won and I guess that's no surprise.

We'll be back in March next year. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sharna certainly earned it with her hard work and injury to get James Hinchcliffe that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks