What's new

THE SHOP ON HIGH STREET (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The Shop on High Street previously released on DVD by Criterion under the name The Shop on Main Street is now for the first time available on Blu-ray. The transfer is new presented by the Czech National Film Archive. The movie won an Oscar in 1965 for "Best Foreign Film".

In Slovakia, 1942, Nazi concentration camp deportations have begun while Tono a poor carpenter is appointed "Aryan controller" of an elderly widow's Rozalia's shop. The Blu-ray audio is in Slovak and Yiddish with English subtitles. The video is black and white framed at 1:33 x 1. The Region Code is A-B-C. The Blu-ray comes with a 20 pages booklet describing the history of this movie.

HighStreet.jpg

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you are right about the all region code. Amazon UK had it listed as region B (I know - Amazon listings).

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you are right about the all region code. Amazon UK had it listed as region B (I know - Amazon listings).
I viewed the movie yesterday and played the Blu-ray in a player set for Region A. The back of the cover shows ABC for the Region Code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks