What's new

FandangoNow Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Went to watch my UV copy of The Huntsman: Winter's War on FandangoNow, which showed that I had UHD access for this title (I was curious how it fared when compared to the UHD disc). What a disaster! Although I can watch in UHD, the soundtrack that accompanies the film was for Luc Besson's Lucy. When I called their customer service, the initial response was "Well, you didn't purchase this from us, so you will have to contact UV about the issue you are having." I spent the next five minutes trying to explain to her that this is an issue on FandangoNow's side as there is apparently something wrong with their file for this movie, got nowhere, and then asked for a supervisor. Was placed on hold for several minutes, then was told by the same customer service agent "We checked the movie, and there is nothing wrong with the audio." I asked her if she played further than the Universal logo, and asked her if the music that accompanied the logo was the Universal fanfare or not (The Huntsman doesn't use the fanfare), she said she wasn't sure, but she would go check again. She came back and agreed that there is an audio issue with the title, apologized for her initial attitude, said she would file an escalation report on the title, and issue me a free rental coupon. But this isn't the first time I've received that kind of attitude from FN, and that is one of the reasons why I prefer discs, because if there is an issue with my physical disc, I can either return it to the store during the exchange period or contact the studio's customer service department for a replacement.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
...And that is one of the reasons why I prefer discs, because if there is an issue with my physical disc, I can either return it to the store during the exchange period or contact the studio's customer service department for a replacement.

But to be fair, aren't you assuming that the store or the studio's customer service department wouldn't give you the same type of service FandangoNow did?

Isn't this an issue with a particular company and not a format? If I had a bad experience returning a pair of jeans from a store, I would take my business to another store, not give up on wearing pants.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've had similar issues with CinemaNow, Flixster, Netflix, and even VUDU, where they basically want to take no ownership of problems with their service, and are all too quick to place blame elsewhere, particularly with the user. It's my problem because someone married the wrong audio track to a movie? It's the studio's fault they received a movie in the wrong aspect ratio (I blame that more on the buyer at the particular service)?

There is no return period or policy on digital. If you purchase a movie on VUDU, FandangoNow, Flixster, CinemaNow, etc, and there is an issue with their file, unless it has a UV license allowing you to view it on another service (and the other service grants you a license in the same resolution), you are stuck. There are a ton of movies in my UV library that FN either does not offer or for some reason I can only watch in SD (even though I could purchase it from them in HD).

Many of these services have movies that are full frame (1.78:1 even though they are 2.40:1). I've even seen a few movies that are letterboxed at 2.40:1, but are stretched from a 1.78:1 master. It took an email campaign to get VUDU to fix The Lego Movie from a full frame transfer to the correct 2.40:1 ratio, but there is still a long list of movies that have yet to be corrected. Blazing Saddles is a prime example on VUDU, currently panned and scanned at 1.78:1, even though Mel Brooks made the film in 2.35:1.

Oh, and if you call UV customer service, which is what the girl at FN originally wanted me to do (as have many of the other services), get ready for a merry-go-round ride where everyone points the finger at someone else.

I've had better experiences with just about all of the studios when I've come across a disc that I realize is defective after the retailer's exchange period has expired. Warner is probably the best, as they have recently replaced many of my first Blu-ray disc purchases made when the format war was still going on by simply filling out their customer service support form on their website. They have even paid postage both ways. Disney may be the worst, but only because they request a small fee to exchange a defective disc.

Last edited:

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Vudu will give you a refund if you ask, just say you are unsatisfied. As long as you haven't watched the whole movie, it shouldn't be a problem.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Vudu will give you a refund if you ask, just say you are unsatisfied. As long as you haven't watched the whole movie, it shouldn't be a problem.

I have been attempting to do that with the disc to digital purchase of The Hustler with Vudu. The transfer is 4x3 pan & scan. Still no action after three weeks and multiple requests to their customer support.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
This is an area where iTunes Store customer support has been good to me. I've bought series that some duplicate episodes instead of the correct line up even though labeled correctly. I notified them, they got WB to fix the issue and gave me video credits for my trouble.
They are also very good on refunds if you are not satisfied with the quality or there's a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks