What's new

GIK Bass Traps 244 (1 Viewer)

How do they look?
f76e071159dd35214029d9baa7f8a9ea.jpg

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Can anyone please tell me if the height is ok out if they need to come down some?
Ideally the center of the panel should be near the ear height when seated and or near the tweeter height (which should be close to the same height ideally. Sometimes you have to compromise as I did in my room due to construction elements. See this video if you're curious.

Ideally the center of the panel should be near the ear height when seated and or near the tweeter height (which should be close to the same height ideally. Sometimes you have to compromise as I did in my room due to construction elements. See this video if you're curious.

Thanks for the video. Yeah I thought about moving them down but won't look right if the bottom part of the panel is behind the couch. I can't move the couch forward without it sliding back against the wall.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I probably wouldn't worry about it. If you are considering room acoustics and installing treatments, you're doing better than most. As you saw, I wasn't able to install my panels in the exact perfect position either but the definitely made a big difference and I'll be consulting with GIK about what their next recommendation would be as finances permit.

I probably wouldn't worry about it. If you are considering room acoustics and installing treatments, you're doing better than most. As you saw, I wasn't able to install my panels in the exact perfect position either but the definitely made a big difference and I'll be consulting with GIK about what their next recommendation would be as finances permit.
Thanks. That's a nice room by the way.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Welcome back CJ. Looks like it's been 6 years since your last post! Wowzers.

Nice HT room btw.

:thumbs-up-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks