What's new

Logitech Introduces Its First Ever Silent Mice (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logitech-m330-silent-plus.png
logitech-m220-silent.png

Logitech Introduces Its First Ever Silent Mice

M330 Silent Plus and M220 Silent Deliver Precise Navigation and Click Feel

NEWARK, Calif. — Aug. 31, 2016Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced the Logitech® M330 Silent Plus and the Logitech® M220 Silent Wireless Mice, the first quiet mice ever developed by Logitech. The M330 Silent Plus and M220 Silent mice deliver the same precision, durability and “click” feel without the noise.

Tweet now: New @Logitech M330 Silent Plus and M220 Silent Mice are quiet as a mouse

“We live in a social world, whether you work in a shared space or at home, but sometimes silence really is golden,” said Anatoliy Polyanker, global portfolio and brand director at Logitech. “That’s why we created the M330 Silent Plus and the M220 Silent mice. Our engineers studied the sources of noise made by a computer mouse and created ways to reduce the decibel level without sacrificing quality."

With the M330 Silent Plus and the M220 Silent you can work quietly without compromise. These mice provide the traditional click feel, but with over 90 percent noise reduction. And with Logitech Advanced Optical Tracking, they are ultra-precise and work on almost every surface.

Both the M330 Silent Plus and M220 Silent provide a wireless connection up to 33 feet away thanks to a plug-and-forget nano receiver, and the mice work with Windows®, Mac ®, Chrome OS™ or Linux ® -based computers with no hassle. Plus, they have received the Quiet Mark seal of approval from the Noise Abatement Society.

The Logitech M330 Silent Plus features a 24-month battery, and has contoured grips made of soft rubber for a comfortable, right hand fit. The Logitech M220 Silent offers an 18-month battery life and an ambidextrous, portable design that’s perfect to throw in your bag when you are on the go.

This is one of two mouse announcements for the company at IFA. For more information on our other newly launched products, please visit the company blog.

Pricing and Availability

The Logitech M330 Silent Plus is expected to be available at Logitech.com and in select retail stores in September for $29.99. The M220 Silent Mouse is expected to be available at Logitech.com and in select retail stores in October for $24.99.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Seriously? How loud is a mouse?

Personally haven't used one in years, except for the occasional screen flip where I have to use a mouse to get it back to landscape.

I actually think they've been breeding on their own. I found a mouse under an end-table, two in my office, one in my glove-box, another in the trunk of the car. I don't know where they're coming from :D

Remember years ago when I ran a network for about 300 employees. I chose the hardware, software, etc. But one woman had to do her own thing. Special keyboard and mouse, battery operated, wireless, etc. I said fine, but don't come to me looking for support when it doesn't work. Naturally about a month later, she comes to me because it's not working. Tough luck, use the company provided hardware and don't bother me.

But really, a silent mouse? Most of them are optical now, what makes noise? The tiny scroll wheel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks