What's new

Crown Amplifiers or Outlaw Amplifiers? (1 Viewer)

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
Hello Gurus,

Greetings. I bought 4 Kf-28 (Klipsch) towers, Receiver: MARANTZ SR7009 9.2-Ch, Fluance Signature Series Center Channel (HFC), fluance 2-bipolar & 2-bookshelf speakers. I wanted to add power amps to my 4 klipsch towers and wondering which one suits and i saved around $1000.00 for the amps. I'm a newbie in Home theater setup. Please guide me.

Brand
Klipsch
Model
KF-28
Details
Type
Floorstanding Speakers
Driver Units
Enhanced 1" aluminum tweeter, dual 8" high-output woofers
Power Rating
150W RMS / 600W Peak
Frequency Response
35Hz-23KHz ± 3dB
Sensitivity
98dB @ 2.83V / 1m
Color
Black
Features
Features
Fills medium to large rooms with powerful, lifelike performances

Equally impressive with music and movies

Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy

Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure

MARANTZ SR7009 9.2-Ch x 125 Watts | KF-28 | Fluance Bipolar Signature series (HFBPW) | Fluance Bookshelf (HFS) | Fluance Signature Series Center Channel (HFC)

Thanks in advance!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Why do you feel the need to get outboard amps for the Klipsch? Speakers like that with a 98 dB sensitivity rating can be driven to ear-bleeding levels with a mere 50 watts, if not less.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi

Why do you feel the need to get outboard amps for the Klipsch? Speakers like that with a 98 dB sensitivity rating can be driven to ear-bleeding levels with a mere 50 watts, if not less.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thanks Wayne. It could be my listening habit as i like more bass (I don't have a SUB) and also i feel that i'm not using my speakers up to potential.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
looks like The QSC amps are good, but are they better than crowns? and also looks like they are bit expensive.

I don't know anyone using Crowns but most of the home theatre folks I know (film and digital) are using QSC's. I never buy new......always used. I've paid as little as $200 for QSC USA900 amps in great condition. You can find 'em on Ebay.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
I don't know anyone using Crowns but most of the home theatre folks I know (film and digital) are using QSC's. I never buy new......always used. I've paid as little as $200 for QSC USA900 amps in great condition. You can find 'em on Ebay.
Dfurr, Can i use QSC USA900 amp both for Subs and for my KF-28's?

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Dfurr, Can i use QSC USA900 amp both for Subs and for my KF-28's?

The USA 900 amps are 2 channel models. Sorry but I don't know what a KF-28 is. My experience is strictly with commercial movie theatre equipment. I don't use any traditional home theatre equipment when it comes to amps, speakers and receivers.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
The USA 900 amps are 2 channel models. Sorry but I don't know what a KF-28 is. My experience is strictly with commercial movie theatre equipment. I don't use any traditional home theatre equipment when it comes to amps, speakers and receivers.
Thanks DFurr. I tried to look for QSC USA Amps and even used ones are a bit expensive, but i went through these amps and they have very good reviews.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
I'm looking at this one "QSC GXD 4 2-Channel Professional DJ PA Speaker DSP Power Amplifier W/ DSP 1600W" and i'm seeing some used ones but the shipping is very expensive. Can you let me know is this worth to buy for my Home theater, BTW, KF-28 are Klipsch Tower Speakers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QSC-GXD-4-2...894257?hash=item541a8ff2b1:g:jw4AAOSwIgNXq2zb

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm looking at this one "QSC GXD 4 2-Channel Professional DJ PA Speaker DSP Power Amplifier W/ DSP 1600W" and i'm seeing some used ones but the shipping is very expensive. Can you let me know is this worth to buy for my Home theater, BTW, KF-28 are Klipsch Tower Speakers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QSC-GXD-4-2...894257?hash=item541a8ff2b1:g:jw4AAOSwIgNXq2zb

The QSC you are looking at on Ebay is not one I've ever found in theatrical applications which is where my experience is. It's listed as a DJ Pa amp. I feel sure it would work but I can't speak to the quality of the audio coming out of the amp. The rear connections are identical to the one's on a USA 900 amp.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
The QSC you are looking at on Ebay is not one I've ever found in theatrical applications which is where my experience is. It's listed as a DJ Pa amp. I feel sure it would work but I can't speak to the quality of the audio coming out of the amp. The rear connections are identical to the one's on a USA 900 amp.
ok, got it. Can you suggest any place where i can buy used ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks