What's new

Second Chance (1953) (1 Viewer)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Whatever became of this RKO thriller? It never seems to be mentioned here. I remember it as a pretty decent movie starring Robert Mitchum and Jack Palance.
Does the 3D version still exist?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had never heard of it until it popped up on TCM one day, and I watched it. Good noir thriller, and I'd love to see it in 3D.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I guess there's always a chance someone at WB will think it's worth resurrecting.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
This is a lesser known title but would be a definite purchase for me. Good for fans of Robert Mitchum and Linda Darnell (like me). Only seen this once on television a long time ago, memorable ending.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sadly, the good folks at WB do not share any of their 3-D plans with us and we usually find out the day when a title is announced. Perhaps it would help if buyers let them know they would purchase this title on 3-D Blu-ray...

As Warners do occasionally release RKO titles as Archive Blu-ray discs, there is a chance for this film. Also of course, Warners released a 3D disc of Dial M For Murder.

Robert Mitchum and Linda Darnell are two of my favorite movie stars, and I always enjoy Jack Palance too, so obviously I like this film a lot and would buy a good disc without a moment's hesitation. I've never seen Second Chance in 3D. Somewhere I have a photo of Mitchum and Darnell sharing a joke with the director. If I can find it, I'll upload it later.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I always remembered the cable car sequence from my past viewings. I would love to finally see this film in 3-D.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Sadly, the good folks at WB do not share any of their 3-D plans with us and we usually find out the day when a title is announced. Perhaps it would help if buyers let them know they would purchase this title on 3-D Blu-ray...

Done, more in hope than expectation but you never know . . .

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Somewhere I have a photo of Mitchum and Darnell sharing a joke with the director. If I can find it, I'll upload it later.

Found it!

Second Chance.JPG

That's Rudolph Mate, better known as a cinematographer than director, with Robert Mitchum and Linda Darnell

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Robert Mitchum never got the respect he deserved as an actor because he made it look effortless. He never went in for Clift/Brando/Dean histrionics, perhaps because he'd been around so much longer.
His choice of movie might be somewhat erratic but if he'd only ever made "Night of the Hunter" he'd still be a legend.
It's a shame he didn't get to play Philip Marlowe earlier in his career as he was so much better than Bogart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks