What's new

International UFO: The Complete Series Bluray (UK)-- November 14, 2016 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
UFO: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] - Amazon UK

NetworkOnAir appears to be releasing this from their vaults

November 14 2016
Preorder on Amazon.co.uk £89.99 SRP.

Network site doesn't have any information yet, but normally it's substantially cheaper at their site than via Amazon even after Amazon applies their preorder discounts

Preliminary release information

"1980. After ten years development in top secrecy, SHADO Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation goes live. Its aim: to combat the threat of an alien invasion from a dying race who abduct humans to repair their own decaying bodies. SHADO's dedicated operatives fight a secret war against Earth's terrifying new menace: on land, sea, air and in space!

The first live-action television series from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, UFO remains a benchmark sci-fi production, featuring mature storylines and groundbreaking special effects. Long-awaited on Blu-ray, it is presented here in a stunning new High Definition restoration, with all 26 episodes offering original mono or 5.1 soundtracks, alongside a wealth of special features, including:

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] From Earth to the Moon: brand new feature-length documentary with interviews, archive video, audio and stills - many of which have never been seen or heard before.
[] The Women of UFO: new documentary discussing the improving sexual equality depicted in the series and the role of science fiction in striving for that change
[] Identified: SHADO New Recruits Briefing: a newly created SHADO briefing film narrated by Matt Zimmerman
[] Exclusive 600 page book on the making of the series by archive television historian Andrew Pixley
[] Film material, including textless episode title backgrounds, textless end titles, stock footage, TV spots, extra footage for Identified and Exposed, unused footage from Timelash and The Long Sleep, Italian trailers
[] Audio commentaries: Identified with Gerry Anderson and Sub-Smash with Ed Bishop
[] S.I.D. Computer Voice Session and audio outtakes for these sessions and Kill Straker!
[] Archive Ed Bishop audio interview from 1996
[] Tomorrow Today: Future Fashions with Sylvia Anderson
[] Extensive image galleries including previously unseen images"

Far too early to know anything about region coding, but Network has tended to release most of their new items as Region B locked

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
UFO: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] NetworkOnAir

Network site now with there pre-release information online with a selling price of £69.99 (including VAT).

Network ships items based on weight which is a major issue due to the large bool. Up to around a kilo the shipping it not unreasonable (approx £7.85), but above that it changed to a flat rate of £40. A direct order of a hair under £100 vs £78 shipped based on Amazon's current price. Inside the UK shipping is either free or around £4 (i think the book changes shipping rates even domestically)

Last edited:

Xphile620

Agent
Real Name
Andrew Blaker
I've never seen this show but am very intrigued by this release! Anyone know where I could see some episodes prior to this release?

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I will be buying it but will look for some price drop before I do. I have vague memories of it from my childhood and seemed to recall enjoying it. Plus it is another Gerry/Sylvia Anderson production - loved the other others such as Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlett. Also quite enjoyed Space 1999!

Regards,

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
tubitv has it on streaming (free?). Amazon prime, also.

This being a recent release from Network, we should probably expect it to be region-locked (Region-B only), just like Year Two of Space: 1999 was.

Real Name
Daniel Bakken
I went to order, but besides shipping, they want another 12 pounds for "tax" of some kind. I'm in the US, and Amazon UK doesn't charge this. Their faq doesn't really explain this either. With this extra, Amazon is pretty close in price shipped, and may come down in price, so I'm not ordering now, especially since they charge your card right away.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went to order, but besides shipping, they want another 12 pounds for "tax" of some kind. I'm in the US, and Amazon UK doesn't charge this. Their faq doesn't really explain this either. With this extra, Amazon is pretty close in price shipped, and may come down in price, so I'm not ordering now, especially since they charge your card right away.

Never seen the extra tax on orders though they did list the subtracted vat in a strange way.
Can you post a line item of the charges?

With this release the shipping charges have pushed me to Amazon UK anyway though with a 40-50% sale and a group buy I could change my mind

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I broke down and pre-ordered it today directly from Network - was charged £58.99 ( i.e. £69.99 - VAT ) for the release but an exorbitant plus £40.00 for shipping/handling ! Amazon in the UK was selling for £89.99 plus shipping.

Regards,

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
In the UK now £62.99 from HMV (only ship within U.K.) with 2.52% (£1.58) back via TopCashback if ordered via that too - or 2.5% via Quidco - so potentially £61.41 total

http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/ufo-the-complete-series

Also with free shipping within the U.K. that's cheaper than Networks own £69.99 price plus their £3.60 UK shipping, total £73.59

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I shall have to check to see if Network did in fact immediately charge my credit card as they stated on their website. If they haven't it will be easier to cancel my order with them and place it with Amazon UK

Regards,

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THIS IS REGION B Locked with some 50HZ/PAL material thrown in on the extras

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UFO-Complet.../dp/B01LYB15X9
£34.95

Sold by NextDayEntertainment, fulfilled by AmazonUk and ships to to the US
VAT even comes off which seems unusual for a 3rd party even when Fulfilled by Amazon

Shipped price to the US £32 -- around $41.50 - $43 depending on your payment style

Sorry about that -- it looks like maybe Amazon messed up the price because moments after I posted it jumped to £44.95 (around $53 shipped).

EDIT: 3:40pm ET It looks like it's back to £34.95 again so good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks